No announcement yet.

Rota Grid CONCAVE - opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And remember that r3v is just a subset of a subset of a niche hobby and that we seem to shy away from flashy, loud cars. It probably seems like all you're getting is hate for your choice, but that's just because of where you asked. I know there's a whole swath of people elsewhere on the net that will root for you getting the biggest, stretchist, loudest wheels you can get. So get whatever you think looks best!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I was leaning towards the blue anyway. Yeah, the E30 is definitely a classic. I like mesh but don't want to clean them. I am ready for something different. I would most likely do 8's. Openly wondering if its time to go 16. I have no plans to stretch. Not hatin but not the look for me.

Thanks Nav. Good wisdom. Thing is, I have been a member here for awhile now. Went through cancer and this place was a big part of me making it. If the guys want to rag me its ok. I think for the most part it is a great crew.

LOL. Just wait until I get them and post pics. That is when the shit storm will start.

This is a rendering. I think the actual blue is closer to the M-Sort blue as previously stated.
      Attached Files

Comment

I like them, they look like a "straight to the point, down to business wheel" to me. I however would do gunmetal or maybe a charcoal or graphite color. The wheel color is going to be purely personal preference. I myself would never use anything colorful, grey is as colorful as I personally would go. It may be one of those things where your like "yeah this color is baddazz" then 2 or 3 months later your like "man I wished I would have been a little more subtle". But then again if you like it rock it!
        sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhead View Post
          ... then 2 or 3 months later your like "man I wished I would have been a little more subtle". But then again if you like it rock it!
          I know, right. I am ready for a little pop. Depending on the site, the blue varies.

Comment

dont know about color....but...

I really like them...very serious looking wheel...track like...hmmm...
            wonder how bbk clearance is...
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

I run 15x8 et20 Rota concaves on my track E30 need a 5-10mm spacer on the front, to add space from the strut and clear brakes, I run 225/50/15 Tires Sorry for the shit photos

[IMG]
              free picture hosting[/IMG]

[IMG]
              pic host[/IMG]
              Last edited by jules325i; 11-10-2014, 11:37 PM.

329i

Comment

I like them...altho on your white car and these pics, the wheel kinda gets lost.

jules, w/ your set up, do u rub at all?

for the frts, is a 5 mm ok..or do u need the 10 mm spacer?
                what bbk do u run?
                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

jules they look great! I was thinking 15x7. Still want folk blue. I live in Florida. We are accustomed to more color. So, with the LTW flag and Rota's I might be ready to either get pulled over or laughed at. Maybe both.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Navarone View Post
                    They look so Tokyo Drift... do not want.

You're hoping for this.

But will probably end up with this.
                    Tokyo Drift LOL! Super random but I used to own that avant. Glad I moved on from the colored wheel thing, but it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the blast from the past!

Comment

Working...
                    X