No announcement yet.

my oddball GMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow very interesting! we've done a few 3800 motors at my work never seen the 3500 before I don't think they were ever released in Australia. One in particular put down some good power iirc I think it made 554whp on 22psi. It's currently the fastest Holden Commodore v6 in Australia running a 9.2 second pass I can't remember the mph.
    I hope it goes well for you it already looks like a monster. And trust me no BMW's have been ruined in the making of this thread.
    Last edited by The Humjet; 04-10-2012, 06:13 AM.

Comment

few more updates, i got the harness laid out, all ready for a semi-tuck. very little wiring will be visible. Also working on the tilt steering column swap. i want to finish wiring before putting anything (headers,bumper,radiators,etc) back together. pictures tomorrow, camera/phone is dead

Comment

500-600 hp on 205 section tires...
        ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
        Originally posted by blunttech
        I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
        Build Thread?

Comment

^ = fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Click View Post

500-600 hp on 205 section tires...
            the car isnt done.. it will have bigger tires.

Comment

little update... ive been sorting out most of the wiring in the car, making megasquirt/msd harness, body harnesses etc..decided to go with bulkhead connectors everywhere. all of the connectors were free (buddy discount), i want it to look right, plus added room in the harness and being able to be disconnected whenever is nice. once the wiring is sorted i can install the rest of the engine bay, then put the bumper on and wire the headlamps etc.

Comment

Dude that's looks killer.
                I've once had to pull out a motor out of a car and it had a wiring harness similar to what you did there. Makes life sooo easy wish all cars had a harness you could just unplug from the firewall.
                Great work :-D

Comment

More wiring...sucks but it has to get done. engine harness made up fully even though im waiting on more loom. megasquirt and msd body side harness is being made now. also got the ceramice coated headers wrapped up and installed. more updates soon, thanks for the support :up:

Comment

nice to see something different man! i guess i didnt catch/read it but what tranny are you running behind?

and for the dudes who think he ruined the e30 get real! lol this is gonna be a beast!
                    Originally posted by blunttech
                    r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

This really is an amazing build.

Well done.
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Kinda rehashing but if he ever sells it on craigslist it will be the only V6 e30 on craigslist to ever actualy have a V6.

Props, I KNOW these motors well from working at an independent shop and they are cheap as sand and fairly easy to work on ( Ive pulled a 3100 from a gran prix in an hour and fifteen minutes the second time. They are pretty torquey and get better gas mileage than a m20b25. Also you can switch heads from a 3100 to a 3400 and get 11:1 compression with a set of junkyard heads. These motors are put into old Race MG's as well.
                        Last edited by TopOfTheLine89; 05-01-2012, 02:37 PM.
                        97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
                        2001 330ci 5 speed
                        83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

got around to installing the crossover pipe and start fitting the new turbo... i still have to weld on the t-4ish turbo flange onto the crossover, i decided to just put it in with one bolt and just check clearances.. more coming, i got a week vacation coming up that i took to get this thing goin

Comment

Wow, I love how far back you were able to mount it! Should do wonders for the handling.

Comment

finished up the body side msd/megasquirt harness. still have lots more wiring to do..

Comment

Your wiring looks ill.

Piss off those 'bullet' connectors and use weatherpac plugs or something.

Can't wait to see the v6 e30 running!
                                ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Working...
                                X