No announcement yet.

The steering wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got this Victor wheel with e30 hub in from Bulgaria. Don't really know anything about it tried searching for a while and couldn't find anything. Seems to be in pretty good shape and has some pretty unique padding for hand position on the back side.

84 325e MTech 1, Supercharged S52
    IG: blwn_325
    The Build https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=423590

Comment

Any of you guys know if the NRG short hub can be installed on an airbagged equipped e30? If so what are the modifications? Are the modifications similar to those on the momo hub adapter?

Comment

Nardi Down Spoke
        Instagram: @E30_Lue
        "Maggie": 1991 BMW 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Ant_e30 View Post
          i was browsing eBay for wheels and found a lot of the usual ones that I and everyone else seems to like (various wooden nardis, momo retro, momo prototipo, chrome spoke pearl JDM style wheels) but they were quite common and i wanted something a bit different. Came across this 'Momo F1'. Not sure what model it is, looks similar/same era as Momo F1 Volante but obviously its not that...what pushed me over the edge for it was the oddness of it haha i think it should suit an e30 too.

It's 350mm so i am really hoping it doesnt block my gauges, anyone care to comment? i thought perhaps a spacer may help push it up to clear if it doesnt initially?

Old thread bump - I'm looking for this wheel anybody have a line on it or know the name?

Comment

Search "momo d cut". Your vert has a cool theme going on.
            1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Renown 100 Dark Competition in suede
              Attached Files

Comment

350mm Momo Monte Carlo with Momo adapter:

Untitled by Austin Graner, on Flickr

Comment

Love the momo monte carlo. Just wish it was thicker on the 10 and 2 location of the wheel..
                  FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
                  My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

Comment

You may want to check out the Momo Competition, which is similar to the Monte Carlo but - wait for it - has a fatter grip. Here's a pic:

Just snagged this off eBay:

Hoping it looks proper in the E30 interior, we'll see.

For those who have installed the Momo adapter on an airbag car, are you putting the spacer after AND before the hub, or just after? I've read of people doing it both ways.
                    Last edited by c0rbin9; 02-14-2017, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                      For those who have installed the Momo adapter on an airbag car, are you putting the spacer after AND before the hub, or just after? I've read of people doing it both ways.
                      I need to pull mine off and check. However I installed it my turn signals are not cancelling so I did something wrong...

Comment

Update: it only worked for me with one spacer (the original, but it doesn't matter) before the hub, and one after (the one you need to buy).

Comment

I'm looking to rewrap an Mtech 1 wheel, but cant find any good DIY's on how to do it. Anyone have a good link to one? It would be great it it came with cut templates for the new material as well!
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

That should help.

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                              Update: it only worked for me with one spacer (the original, but it doesn't matter) before the hub, and one after (the one you need to buy).
                              Thanks! I still haven't pulled mine off to check it. Are your turn signals cancelling on their own?

Comment

Yep, no issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X