Shadowline Motorsport - LED Bulbs & Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
    I was going to try them this weekend but didn't have time. They should fit ok, you just need to figure your cable management (probably zip ties) to keep the driver/ballast from hanging down. The braided heatsink will keep whatever form you put it in so you can bend it up around the fog light housing. I will test fit one tonight and take pics. I have late model fogs, so the bulb installs from the bottom. Not sure about the positioning of early model bulb but you should still be able to find a way to mount these bulbs securely.

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

Very quick response. I have late model fogs as well. But have 4300k HID ellipsoids. When i switched on my fogs last night. They provided almost no extra light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by htseng View Post
      Very quick response. I have late model fogs as well. But have 4300k HID ellipsoids. When i switched on my fogs last night. They provided almost no extra light.

Do you have the OEM fogs? My suspicion is the fog light design is a bit of the problem, but I've seen very bright ones before but not sure if they were modified. What type of light source are you using in the fogs?

These bulbs are very bright so it should be very noticeable. I had SilverStar halogens in mine and they provided light but it was hard to tell, the main reason I could tell was because of the yellow lenses but the intensity did not match my headlights when I had 2400lm/led bulbs.

Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
      LED Bulb Thread
      R6 LED Review

Comment

Oem fogs and prob very old bulbs.

Comment

This is just what I've been waiting for. I'll want two sets of H1 for my depo smileys. Just one thing: can you post a pic of the distribution pattern? Ie your e30 facing a wall at night time. So I can see the cutoff pattern and compare it to mine

Thanks!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
            This is just what I've been waiting for. I'll want two sets of H1 for my depo smileys. Just one thing: can you post a pic of the distribution pattern? Ie your e30 facing a wall at night time. So I can see the cutoff pattern and compare it to mine

Thanks!

Ive wanted to see the same thing. LED typically have a very tight and focused beam with limited spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post

Thanks!
              Ive wanted to see the same thing. LED typically have a very tight and focused beam with limited spread.

This was the best I could do, it doesn't get dark till 8:30/9pm now.

Please keep in mind there are some limitations in the depo design. Mainly the cutoff shield being flat vs curved. Curved shields help keep the line sharp across the full width of the beam. You can also tell in the video the focus is not infinite. As the car gets closer the cutoff sharpness increases significantly and when moving back it decreases. Another possible flaw is the lens and whether or not it is optically clear. The high output of these bulbs helps overcome some of the limitations in the optics and there are no major dark spots that I can notice.

I plan on addressing these things and possibly create an upgrade kit as an alternative to a full retrofit.

Here's another pic on a gray/light blue wall in low light

Last edited by djmossm42; 04-17-2019, 04:27 PM.
              Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
              LED Bulb Thread
              R6 LED Review

Comment

Oem fogs and prob very old bulbs.

Yeah you will see a big difference with these. I will do the test fit in the morning, stay tuned.

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
                  I plan on addressing these things and possibly create an upgrade kit as an alternative to a full retrofit.
                  That would be awesome. I would rather spend money on LEDs over HIDs

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Only a few days left before this first round closes!

Did a quick test fit in the late model fogs this morning.

Notes:

1. You can't use the cover but the bulbs have a very high water/dust proof rating.

2. I removed the ground lead to the mounting chassis inside the housing and connected the wires directly to the internal prongs. You can still use the standard connector this way (no splicing)

3. The heatsink can be bent up well out of the way. Also I don't have a lip on my car.

4. The bulbs are 6000k/4800LM and the fogs have yellow lenses.
                    Last edited by djmossm42; 04-17-2019, 04:28 PM.
                    Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                    R6 LED Review

Comment

Wow. Thats freaking bright for a fog light.
                      I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Those fogs are stupid bright, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
                          Wow. Thats freaking bright for a fog light.
                          Yes, these are no joke! If you think it's too bright the 5000K option might be just right @ 3600lm

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                          R6 LED Review

Comment

Some may be wondering if the headlight back covers fit?

They fit perfectly!

You just need to bend the braided heatsink forward.

Have a great day!
                            Bryon
                            Last edited by djmossm42; 04-17-2019, 04:29 PM.
                            Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                            R6 LED Review

Comment

Invoices have been sent to current participants, last day for round 1 is 6/27/16. Current price is $65/set!

Round 2 starts 7/1/16 @ $84.99

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                              R6 LED Review

Comment

Can you please explain how these can be plug and play? What about the radiating belts and LED drivers? I'm sure they won't fit inside the ellipsoid cap.

Comment

Working...
                                X