No announcement yet.

Long term non BMW project teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many, many props to you guys in Jersey. If I ever get out East, I'm definately going to drop by and say hello. You folks know the right way and hold fast to quality. I admire and respect you fellows until the end.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
      This one I am personally really excited for. Its from the e30 era but not a BMW.
      I knew what it was from this sentence, at least I was hoping for it.

Can't WAIT to see this unfold.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

This is fucking sweet. Carry on.

Comment

emre, i am sure you can race it in a NASA GTS class since they are power/weight but it may not be competitive.
          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
          '91 SpecE30 #523
          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

sorry to ruin all the fun. Good guess though, eh?

Comment

wow, I am looking very forward to this project! Keep the updates coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post

Yeah, I flipped out when Levent showed me those 16x8" Carlssons he found. They'll be perfect for street tires. For race rubber, we'll be looking for 17x9" turbines for that old school DTM look. Maybe something like the Compomotives on this Evo I:

[IMG]www.comp.co.uk/gallery/pics/merc%20th1880.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]www.comp.co.uk/gallery/pics/merc.JPG[/IMG]

mmmm compomotive th monos in 18X8

I look forward to seeing the progress on this project.
                -Josh

Check out my build thread...
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=131055

Need parts? Support the community!

http://www.gutenparts.com

http://www.blunttech.com

Comment

Hey, Kish. How's the cage?

Originally posted by kishg View Post
                  emre, i am sure you can race it in a NASA GTS class...
                  In the US, we got the 2.3-16v from '85 through '87. That makes them potentially viable for vintage racing, hillclimbing, and classic rally. That's the kind of thing I have in mind.

BTW, since the E30 M3 was first introduced in '87 it's also eligible for VARAC Group 70+ ( the cutoff is 1988 ). I'd love to take part in some classic M3 vs. 16v action...

Originally posted by kishg View Post
                  ...they are power/weight but it may not be competitive.
                  The car is pretty heavy in stock form. You can get it down to around 2500lbs without too much trouble. You can get over 300hp from a well-built and tuned 2.5L stroker ... but that would be a grenade engine. A reasonable output for a stock 2.3L build would be in the 200-210hp range. For a 2.5L, you can push 240hp without giving up too much reliability. In other words, we're in the same ballpark as an E30 M3 with S14B23 or S14B25 power.

Basically, I just wanted to do something different. We've been driving E30's in my family since 1984. I've run my current 318is track car since it was new in 1991. I'm just looking for something slightly bigger, faster ... and cooler :pimp:
                  sigpic
                  1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                  2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

I love w201's, it'll be a lot of work getting it even close to an evoII though. GL with the build!

Comment

Originally posted by tehwickerman View Post
                      I love w201's, it'll be a lot of work getting it even close to an evoII though. GL with the build!
                      The cosmetics are basically a matter of money. The big issue is whether the Evo II kit will be allowed for vintage racing. If not, we'll have to abandon it. But that's fine: the stock 2.3-16v kit is still pretty cool.

The engine is also a matter of money. We have contacts with Cosworth here in the USA. The parts are all still available. Even a build to full Evo II engine spec is still possible (if you want to spend the money).

The transmission is relatively easy to find. But the stock close-ratio, dog-leg gearbox on the 2.3 is good enough.

The many suspension tweaks to the Evo II would all be pulled out and tossed in the trash on a track car anyway. So that's not an issue.

The only issue is the trick rear diff. But most race cars would have that pulled out and replaced with something stronger anyway.

In the end, it wouldn't be an exact replica. But it would be close enough that only the biggest Cosworth geek would know the difference.
                      Last edited by Emre; 02-26-2010, 08:23 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah thats the thing that stopped me from getting one.
                        cossy engine parts=========mega money.

Comment

I have decided that I must have a set of Th Mono's, even if I have to sell both sets of rims I have. I would definitely like to see this unfold.
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                            I have decided that I must have a set of Th Mono's, even if I have to sell both sets of rims I have.
                            Talk to Levent. he's got a deal with Compomotive and he was saying something about maybe putting together a group buy. I'll be looking for a set of TH's in 17x9" for the 2.3-16v and another set in 16x8"/16x9" for the 560SL. So that's two sets right there.

I'll also need another set of wheels for my E30. I'll probably go with another set of 15x7" TDR ProRace 1.3's from Bimmerworld. But I'll consider a set of Compomotives in 15x8" as long as they clear my big brakes. Either MO1580 (left) or TH1580 (center); too bad I can't afford the TS15 (right):

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                            I would definitely like to see this unfold.
                            We'll keep you guys posted as things develop.
                            sigpic

Comment

pics please!

compomotives are absolute sex. MO's look absolutely stunning on anything.
                              my relatives near dusseldorf have a 190 2.3 and a 190E 2.5-16 (i think)
                              one is the rare version, whole shabang, and the other is plane jane one with those lol benz hubcaps

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Took a while...

We bought wheels...

We bought a steering wheel...

Now we have a car. It just arrived. Couldnt be happier. Zero rust, engine checked out at 180 straight across all 4 Cylinders... Interior needs work and some minor other things but a perfect car for the plan...

More pics and project plan to follow...
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic
                                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                                %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X