Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 318is Restoration Project...Now with some Air!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunnno, but some big fat spacers would make those look WAY better!

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Well I haven't updated this thread in while due to school, but I did managed to get some more work done on the rear.

Tinted my spare tails.

I also started the car up after a month and it seems like I'm leaking fuel. I've temporary duck taped it and was just wondering is it just replacing that rubber hose? Its leaking where the rubber hose connects to the hard line.

Again don't worry about the tape its temp., will solve problem soon.

Comment

nice work
        keep it up.

-
        Project
        Parts for Sale
        Feedback
        YouTube Channel

Comment

What did you use to tint the lights?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
            nice work
            keep it up.
            thanks, i got a long way to go..lol,

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
            What did you use to tint the lights?
            it was some window tint from rona or home depot i believe, on my previous car it lasted like 3-4 years with a clear on top, I'll get you the exact name tomorrow

Comment

Please properly fix the fuel leak first before you do anything including sleep.

John
              The Revolution will not be televised.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuee View Post
                thanks, i got a long way to go..lol,

it was some window tint from rona or home depot i believe, on my previous car it lasted like 3-4 years with a clear on top, I'll get you the exact name tomorrow
                that tint looks so cool and makes the light look brand new! yeah would also be interested. as I live around the corner from Rona/home depot in Toronto.
                Wonder if they also carry a smoked tint?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by harv View Post
                  Please properly fix the fuel leak first before you do anything including sleep.

John
                  Yes, I will be fixing this on Monday for sure, it scares me just to know that its flammable liquid that's leaking

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
                  that tint looks so cool and makes the light look brand new! yeah would also be interested. as I live around the corner from Rona/home depot in Toronto.
                  Wonder if they also carry a smoked tint?
                  I don't think so they carry smoked tint, but I hope I'm wrong, let me know if you come across it. Here's the can I used, remember to follow with a clear coat, else it'll fade quickly. I've had pretty good results and duration with this spray...about 3-4 years.

Comment

hey guys, just need some help, I'm kinda stuck now because I want to remove the bumpers to get the rest of the body work done. Problem is the bumper bolts aren't budging and I've already broke 3 T55 drives. I've tried a 2ft breaker bar, soaking it in liquid wrench and heating it up. So any suggestions?

Comment

any close ups of the seat pattern? is that a factory black plaid?
                      I'd rather bag your mom than my car :D

Comment

Originally posted by hellakush View Post
                        any close ups of the seat pattern? is that a factory black plaid?
                        i don't have any pictures of my seats right now and there really dirty too at the moment but heres a pic of what they look like,

Comment

got a little bit more done, i just keep finding more and more rust :(

rust converter

undercoating

pulled the rear bumper cover off...more rust

this was the trunk that came with the car, i'll be replacing it with a new one

Comment

Haven't got much done on the car lately but I've finally managed to get the front taken off, just can't seem to get the rear bumper off, might have to just drill it out. The interior is coming along and I'm hoping to get it done before school starts. Here's some pics.

Front End Taken Apart

FatMat

Everythings a mess in and outside the car, don't worry i'll be cleaning it up soon.
                            Last edited by Tuee; 07-30-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Well it's been a while since I've updated this, just been busy with school, but here's some progress.

Took it out for a wash, since it was covered in so much dust and also finished up laying the wires.

The carpet was crap, it had stains all over the place, but I wanted to see if I could save it, well here's the results after 20 bucks
                              Before

During

After 1st coat

Here's the product
                              Last edited by Tuee; 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Got some wiring done,
                                The previous owner had cut the factor harness and just twisted the wires and wrapped them in tape.

This bothered me so ordered a harness and reveres harness,

Soldered, heat shrunk and labeled,

Interior started to be put back together

Comment

Working...
                                X