Sterling Silber M-technic Cabriolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    NIce RG's those are forged and about 2.5 pounds lighter per a wheel. They are not common at all nice pick up.
    BBS RGs are strong and light; they're keepers. But I decided to keep the vert mostly stock in appearance, and the euroweaves are a better match patina-wise

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    The guy who wanted to part it out was at Vintage?!!!
    Yep. He said he was young and inexperienced modding cars, and that he regretted a lot of the things he did to the car. He went to the meet with a childhood friend who also remembered the car, and the friend is now into e30s.

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
    Very cool!

What key chain is that? Is it a dealer item?
    I found the cloisonné keychain on eBay; the seller had a lot of different vintage key chains.
    Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 02:48 PM.
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

Comment

Interior pic. I wanted all original leather so I culled the best bolsters, padding and parts from four vert seats and one m3 seat to build these:

I also scored a set of NOS silver floor mats. Yeah, this car is pretty much silver and black everywhere except the roundels and the M-technic badges.
      Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 02:48 PM.
      sigpic
      January 2012 COTM

Comment

A few updates for documentation purposes.

I found a split seam in my drivers seat bottom cushion, so I bought a nice set of seat cushions and redid both seats.

Also installed an oem Halon fire extinguisher and mounting bracket.

Next time I find a tear, I swear I'm finally going to put to use the oem M-tech fabric I've been hoarding. Here's 3 of the 5 yards I've sourced.

I'd previously moved my battery to the trunk, but I didn't like how the oem coupe/sedan battery tray doesn't sit flat. So I re-used the tray that holds the vert trunk ballast.
        In this pic you can that the sedan/coupe tray only has two mounting "feat" at the rear, causing the battery to tilt forward. The vert ballast tray has four "feat" so it mounts flush and is more secure.

It just need a little fabrication to adapt to "tie down" at the rear, and a lip at the front, just like oem. Thanks to Matt at Fielding Fabrication.

I also redid my door locks and changed the rubber window trim pieces.
        Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 02:50 PM.
        sigpic
        January 2012 COTM

Comment

Very nice, I'm on a similar mission with a non M-Tech '92 I just rescued from oblivion.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous! Awesome work bringing it back to life!
            1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
            1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
            September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
            Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

^^ Thanks. It's about a ten footer thanks to two days of paintless dent removal and a couple more days of detailing. It'll get fresh paint and a proper m-technic cloth interior eventually.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

For some odd reason I never figured out, the bracket between the intake manifold and the MK Motorsport valve cover did not align. So I asked Fielding Fabrication to modify the bracket and paint it black. Now it's secure.
                sigpic
                January 2012 COTM

Comment

nicely done.
                  I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                  TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                  e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

The struts holding up your trunk lid will last much longer if they are piston down.

AMHIK :-)

Nice ride !!
                    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                    Alice the Time Capsule
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      nicely done.
                      Thanks Brad.

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                      The struts holding up your trunk lid will last much longer if they are piston down.

AMHIK :-)

Nice ride !!
                      Thanks for the pro tip, I'll fix that right away.
                      sigpic
                      January 2012 COTM

Comment

A good friend gifted me this license plate.
                        sigpic
                        January 2012 COTM

Comment

BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT PLATE FRAME FOR THE LONGEST TIME!!!! Have an extra one you are willing to part with by any chance? BTW your car looks fantastic! and what a an epic plate for the car!

Comment

Good progress OP. It's looking real good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mfever View Post
                              BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT PLATE FRAME FOR THE LONGEST TIME!!!! Have an extra one you are willing to part with by any chance? BTW your car looks fantastic! and what a an epic plate for the car!
                              Thanks. I don't have an extra, sorry. You just need to go to an event where BMW Classic has a booth and you can buy one there. For example, they were at Octoberfest in Monterey last year. The license plates they sold there said 100 Years on the top and BMW Classic on the bottom. I didn't buy one because I like this simpler version better. I'm not sure where they'll be next, but they're usually at the big events.
                              sigpic
                              January 2012 COTM

Comment

In order to make the oem battery tray work properly, you need to cut the bracket support out of a facelift non cabrio car and switch it out with the dead weight bracket. Your alternative should work fine. You just won't have any corrosion protection afforded by the plastic tray/vent hose.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X