No announcement yet.

M3 Historians, Need a Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, something looks "strange" with the wheels. Either it has to do with mixin' and matchin' of 17", 18" and 19" wheels, or pictures taken with suspension under compression such as seems to be the case with Will Hoy's car (his head seems to be fighting Gs). Per exemple, compare the Serpi M3 (picture and drawing). With cars that low, they couldn't go over kerbs without ripping the oil pan and floorpan. BTW It is beautifull work you have done. You just don't want the M3s to look as if they had ben prepped by Vlad...
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

as i mentioned in my initial post, i referenced multiple pictures of each car, which allowed me to determine if any of the images i was using were outliers or not. (the sources of the reference material also aided in that determination, i.e. period race images vs. more recent material)

hoy's car is not actually under any suspension load at all, as can be seen in this shot from the same sequence (note the same fender/wheel orientation):

the picture of the serpi m3 you're referencing (ravaglia's '91 ITC car) was taken from a race car marketplace site after the completion of a recent restoration - the car was raised up for transport and the bodyshop. it was restored to its original '91 ITC appearance and this was one of the few shots i was able to find that gave me a good view of all the sponsor decals and their placements.

as you can see in these images, it sat much lower in race spec:

you are correct that different size wheels were used throughout the m3's competition history - i referenced race specs and made numerous measurements to this end.

let me know if you have any other concerns.
      8380 Laboratories
      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Ethan, that is AWESOME!
        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
          p.s. i figured i'd share the final product with you guys.

will be available as a limited edition 18x24 hand-printed art print (poster) sometime next week.
          Ethan - could you help me and tell what is that colorfull graphic on side skirts of Michele di Gioia car? (1987 italian superturismo champion). Are they flags? whose/what kind...? I will appreciate your help alot....thanks

Comment

Interesting to see this thread back from the dead. This project is still ongoing, and I actually just released the 2016 expansion, now totalling 35 cars. Since this thread was originally posted, I've redone the main car template, added more detail and refined a lot of the detail that was already there.

Originally posted by grzelu View Post
            Ethan - could you help me and tell what is that colorfull graphic on side skirts of Michele di Gioia car? (1987 italian superturismo champion). Are they flags? whose/what kind...? I will appreciate your help alot....thanks
            As far as this question goes, I can't fully answer it. I've only been able to find poor/incomplete pictures of it, and I've done my best to replicate it on the poster.

Available here: http://www.8380labs.com/products/m3-champions-poster
            8380 Laboratories
            M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Working...
            X