Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forza 4 Drivers' Challenge #30 - Keep Nsquared97 interested!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forza 4 Drivers' Challenge #30 - Keep Nsquared97 interested!

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
    I vote we use a car a bit faster next time, the MR2 was rather boring.
    I found a faster, less boring combo this week! :D

All joking aside, lemme know if you guys like this. I only had like 5 minutes to come up with it and could swap things around tonight if not. But for now, our car is the Lotus 2-Eleven and the track is Rally di Positano reverse!

Clean lap, no adjustments, picture posted, etc. Good luck all!

Leaderboard:

1. ELVA164 - 1:03.838

2. Hoofenstein HD - 1:05.378
    3. Nsquared97 - 1:05.397
    4. Ocell - 1:06.761

Also, feel free to post questions/videos about your lap in any challenge and I'd be happy to help out if I can!
    Last edited by ELVA164; 03-28-2014, 07:40 PM.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

The one flying lap I had time for:

1:06.164
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Oh man hahaha. I guess this means I definitely have to put some time in for this one lol.

Oh and BTW Squid, I'm gunning for you this week, my car needs a chip...

Comment

Best I could manage so far, 1:07.432 having a hell of a time staying clean, have had faster but I keep kissing walls or running outside the curbs.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to have to start getting involved with these threads

you should do more races with the 787b, that car is glorious, my fav car in the game :D

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
            I'm going to have to start getting involved with these threads

you should do more races with the 787b, that car is glorious, my fav car in the game :D
            Is that a DLC car? I don't remember.

Nsquared, there are some curbs you can cross and others you can't. I'd say the vast majority are ok to cross but the walls aren't far away so it's easy to clip one. It's key to be delicate for sure.

Comment

It's hard to be delicate in such a beast of a car though. I've managed a couple of dirty 1.06.***'s so far. Will definitely put more time in to this challenge.

Comment

I feel like a fast lap here is best played with this in the background:

I've learned (in the 7 laps so far, heh) that stabbing the brakes spells doom. Breathe off the throttle instead and you'll eliminate the insane oversteer.

Comment

Delicacy is definitely the name of the game. Actually really enjoying this so far, its a very delicate dance with the car at the edge of grip the whole time. That rythem section just before the finish is key, and if you mess up part of it, it all goes wrong from there. Did manage this just now, 1:06.168. SO CLOSE!

...and it's not alerting me attach the pic, I'll see if I can figure something else out later.

Comment

Hey! It was group consensus about last week's trial!

I'll try it out when I'm... wait, am I surfing rev at a bar?....

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                      I'll try it out when I'm... wait, am I surfing rev at a bar?....
                      Sounds like you haven't had nearly enough to drink ;)

In all seriousness, this definitely didn't have to be just to satisfy me, but I am really enjoying it. This car/track combo is definitely a challenge, but seriously feels great when you get it right.

Comment

Driving = no drinking (although I have stolen a few sips here and there from the misses)
                        Last edited by squidmaster; 03-22-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                          Is that a DLC car? I don't remember.
                          ya DLC car, its a free pack though if i remember correctly. the thing sounds ridiculous, it was actually the loudest car they recorded for the game, so much so it was eating microphones left and right.

heres a link of them recording it for the game

Last month, we were honored to have our legendary #55 Mazda 787B (the 1991 24 Hours of Le Mans winner) immortalized into Forza Motorsport 4's downloadable "F...

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                            Driving = no drinking (although I have stolen a few sips here and there from the misses)
                            Very much agreed on that one.

And while we are on the topic of rotary Mazda race cars, the Furai is glorious to drive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                              Very much agreed on that one.

And while we are on the topic of rotary Mazda race cars, the Furai is glorious to drive as well.
                              indeed it is! thing sounds like a fucking two stroke, plus those crazy tail lights ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X