X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahah, pretty much.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Got some stuff in this past week. Luke accidentally sent me a free amp rack so thats a win, but it won't fit my amp, lol. I might end up selling the amp because it was free. My roommates left it when they moved out. Plus the amp barely fits on the back of the 8" box.

I also decided to liven up my interior a bit.

My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

sub'd (lol)
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

So where to start, lol. Stitch has had a few issues over the past few months, first off my ignition lock broke. I could turn it just enough to unlock the steering column but not enough to release the tumbler. So for a while there I was starting my car with a screw driver. Then out of no where my car started over heating. I couldn't drive it more than a couple of blocks with out it running into the red. I tried to track down the problem, but I couldn't figure it out. Between moving, starting school, and trying to find a new job I had enough of it and had the car towed to the boys at Racewerks out in VB. They replaced the ignition tumbler, installed a new FPR and fuel pump I had lying in the car (car starts on the first ry now!), and fixed my over heating issue. Apparently one of my hoses was so clogged full of crap that coolant could barely get through there.

Now onto the good news. I decided to get one of those DIY AC recharge bottles and use it on the 325i and low and behold it worked. The car has had the r-134a conversion done to it previously, but I was scared that the compressor would be shot like it is on my ix. I also got around to getting the audio done in the car. The car sounds amazing, but I still need to install my lukebox properly.

Now I was supposed to go to my parents this weekend to hopefully work on the ix, but I don't know how much I'm going to get done in the rain. I still need to get the half shafts sent off a rebuilt and I'm debating on wether or not to get a spare steering rack to get sent off and rebuilt since I'll be in there replacing the half shafts and PS hoses. I am really staring to miss the car and need to get off my ass if I want it fixed before winter.
          My Garage
          Feedback

Comment

Well my friend's purple ix is for sale for anyone who's interested.

My Garage
            Feedback

Comment

any updates on the whip?
              Paynemw
              1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
              the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
              1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
                any updates on the whip?
                Not really, I'm getting closer and closer to actually working on Izzy. I really lost interest in her after I couldn't keep her running for longer than a week without something major going wrong. I officially have all the parts I need for her, its just finding the time to go home to fix her. Theres been a few things done to the 325i, but I'm trying to save those updates for its own build thread. I did get a new tag for her though.

On a non BMW related note my dad went through a midlife crisis and bought a new 2017 Camaro ZL1 and a new 2016 Chevy Silverado back in November. I don't seem to have any pictures of the truck on my phone. I haven't been home when its been warm enough to actually drive it though.

My Garage
                Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post

I reallllly like the look of this head unit, isn't gaudy and fits the E30 interior styling very well.

Comment

damn that radio looks bitchin awesome
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Well.. Anyone gonna spill the beans on what kinda HU it is?

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                        Well.. Anyone gonna spill the beans on what kinda HU it is?
                        Its a Kienzle MCR-1016BT. I'm not a fan of aftermarket head units but I am a fan of bluetooth so this was a good compromise.
                        My Garage
                        Feedback

Comment

How do you find these deals? Around here any E30 in that condition would be 4000+.
                          There's a guy selling his rusty 325i with a broken trans for $2200...
                          1988 325is - Totaled, Hit and Run
                          1994 530iT - Rusty, Not Running, Gone
                          1989 325i - Clean Body, Barely Runs

Comment

Originally posted by Yeltsew7 View Post
                            How do you find these deals? Around here any E30 in that condition would be 4000+.
                            There's a guy selling his rusty 325i with a broken trans for $2200...
                            Honestly both of them just fell into my lap
                            My Garage
                            Feedback

Comment

HU is nice

Comment

Sub'd love that head unit!!
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X