Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
    Pray to God it's not your frame.

Was it poking out before with the weaves on?
    I never noticed it with the weaves on if it was. Im going to take it to my alignment guy and see if he can figure it out after I get the exhaust on.

Instagram: @mistacarder

Comment

and shes off to the exhaust shop

Comment

So.. a series of unfortunate events happened today...

FIRST I backed into a mustang with my truck when I was going to get the bmw from the exhaust shop... my TB is sticking and my throttle jolted when I was backing up cost me $450...
        SECOND I get to the exhaust shop and the car wouldnt start, it just cranked forever...
        THIRD the car was loaded onto the truck in reverse and the popout windows wern't latched so they both flew off on the freeway...

Comment

Sucks to hear that all this happened. Im sure you'll be back on track soon! :D

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
          PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
          Originally posted by marshallnoise
          You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by mistacarder View Post
            If anyone ever installs a roll bar I suggest putting in rear panels first… i'm a dumbass and didn't
            I made the same mistake with my car. It was a PITA to remove all that needed removing to put those back in.

And of course now I want to take the rear panels and rear seat back out because forget SCCA auto-x classing and who needs all that extra weight in a track car. Doh!

Anyway nice build so far even if you've had a few set backs here and there, can't wait to see what's next!

Comment

Jesus dude. I hope you have better luck tomorrow.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

So I talked to one of my buddys and he is hooking me up with a set of popout windows. I figured out why the car wasn't starting, the chip in the 413 had two messed up prongs so i replaced it, and bam fires right up.
                I decided to work on my mtech 1 wing that has rusted bolts

I needed to get it painted, but I couldnt get the bolts apart. when i pulled finally got them off i broke one thread insert on the plastic piece. I filed down a bolt and superglued it to the remaining plastic leaving a nice stud poking out. After it dried i took it to my painter.

Comment

The m tech 1 wing is gonna look good on there. Are you using the trunk you have on there now or getting a spare?

Comment

Originally posted by TroyShark View Post
                    The m tech 1 wing is gonna look good on there. Are you using the trunk you have on there now or getting a spare?
                    I'm using the trunk I have on now since it already has the holes

Comment

Looks great! Any thought to paint the lower part of the rear valence/side of the car black? I think the color offset would be awesome!
                      1997 Artic Silver M3
                      CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

skirts

What skirts are you planning on? IS?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                          Looks great! Any thought to paint the lower part of the rear valence/side of the car black? I think the color offset would be awesome!
                          I thought about it... i was going to run black side skirts with black bottom rear valence and black is lip. BUT to me it looks like mk2 jetta, so i had my painter smooth off all the textured paint in the back and front calence and just paint it grey. So skirts, lip, and rear are all going to be grey. ill get some pics soon...

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12590 View Post
                            What skirts are you planning on? IS?
                            Yea, IS skirts.

Comment

picked up some new popout windows today

I also took apart my coolovers to replace the old dust covers. The North American KW dustributing center is around the corner from our shop so i was able to get some new covers easily.

Installed the coilovers so I should be able to drop her off for alignment next week!

Comment

I got a lot of progress done today!

The car got some sump armor

then I lowered it some and ended up taking out the rear adjusters but sits nice enough in the rear for me

I also lowered the front a bit and installed more popout wondows

Lastly I drove it for the first time today! God it felt good! I only took it up to second since i have no cluster or seat belts but its still a start and a big accomplishment!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X