Looking for input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for input

So I slipped out in some ice and hit a fence. I lucked out and only thing I've found wrong with it is a bent tie rod which I'm waiting for a new pair to come in and I immediately got a new set of tires. What I'm looking for input on though is in your guys opinion should I try fixing the damage myself or order a new panel of pelican parts which would cost me close to 300$ with the exchange rate. Il post a picture in the morning of what it currently looks like. The metal has crumpled in in a few spots and I'm worried about taking a rubber Mallet to it so wondering if also if there's any better methods for removing debts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont drive in the snow fool.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by chefpeterlevine View Post
      dont drive in the snow fool.
      Great advice if you ask me.

My guess there is more damage that maybe hidden. The damage is minor and fixable. 300$ is cheap if that will pay for the parts.
      Preamble:
      "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Comment

Looks more like lack of snow tires than whether or not to drive in the snow....

Anyway, just replace the panel. I agree that there's probably more under there than just the fender, but pull it off and take a close look.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Thinking you owe the folks some money to fix their fence. You won't know the extent of it till you pull the fender and then go from there. Is the car worth spending the money on or just replace fender and a drive like such for a couple of years.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
          X