Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track Day/Autocross 325, m50/s50 soon

Hey guys,

Ive been on this forum a while now but haven't really posted much. Kind of just learning most of the projects with trial and trying to make something without any outside opinions at all. Bought this car about two years ago from a buddy that wanted to drift it. Came with a bunch of extra parts. Needless to say, I wanted to track it since it was already gutted and in pretty bad shape. Car was from California so not much rust just a bit sunfaded in certain areas. Had a makeshift autozone exhaust and was barely running. Accelerator had to be swept every second just to keep it running. After I got it home I just wanted to take it apart and change up everything to get all the idiocy of old owner out of it.(including the 30 black ice air fresheners on the rear view mirror)

As of this point, the car runs with an eta motor just to get a year of autocross and race events out of it. Took me a while due to the fact that Im going to school for automotive engineering but also working as a full time technician at an independent shop. Will be posting regularly and not all at once to keep you guys entertained and to just have a normal type thread that is progressive. Still a lot of work to come and will be caught up by the end of the month I'm hoping but there is a lot to write. Hope you guys enjoy it!

PICTURES WILL BE BETTER! This is the only pic I found of when I first got it and the eclipse is long gone thank god! ;)
    Attached Files
    R&M Performance Auto Care
    Daily: 03' 530i
    Project: 87' 325e race/track car
    BMW Gearhead/Tech

First of this journey since the old engine (which I wasn't even sure what it was) was garbage, I decided to remove it!

Then, while this was out, I bought a 325e engine while building the other as an m20 stroker. Little did I know I would eventually be going the m50/s50 route. More to come soon including body work and some modifications!
    Last edited by Downshift-E30; 10-13-2016, 09:10 PM.
    R&M Performance Auto Care
    Daily: 03' 530i
    Project: 87' 325e race/track car
    BMW Gearhead/Tech

Comment

Working...
    X