No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punching out the ski pass is way easier than breaking a tail light...
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      lol.

-12 is pretty cold for here. Usually we hover around freezing point all winter. Wed/Thu/Fri are supposed to be +6/+6/+9 this week, no way in hell the snow will survive that.

Also, I closed the trunk to the iX and somehow it locked itself. I think I'm fucked because the key doesn't seem to work. No skipass either (/would rather cut a hole in the trunk lid than punch it)
      Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      He might as well break a tail light.
      1990 325i
      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        That's just silly, so you're telling me that Halifax has the same sort of average winter temperature as where I am in MD on the Chesapeake Bay. Wow.
        The gulf stream makes a big difference I guess. I'm not too far north of you either really. 7 degrees (C) today, snow is ~50% gone.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        Central locking still work?
        Removed by PO I think. Almost seems like the car never had it. It's a euro car, '87, "Sonderlackierung" BMW individual colour, slicktop etc. I'm not sure if they even came without it, but this car is pretty weird to begin with.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Also, just remove the seat, punch out the panel and get a small person to go through the aperture. Or hit the rear lock a few times and see if it frees up.
        Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        break out a tail light, (since I'm right handed, i break out the right light)reach in with a 10mm socket and un screw the latch from the inside. I've done this several times at the junk yards to get spoilers off deck lids and tool kits out of locked trunks.
        I didn't think about the taillights. Too bad I already swapped the busted ones for a nice pair.

I'm now second guessing whether or not the ski pass is punched out. I would like to keep it intact, but it wouldn't be hard to tack it back in.

Otherwise the trunk lid is rotten, and the only thing keeping me from cutting a hole in it is the lack of a painted spare lid.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

All e30s have the ski pass sheet metal. You remove the rear seat and kick it in. It's only held in by 4 small attachment points.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

All e30s have the ski pass sheet metal. You remove the rear seat and kick it in. It's only held in by 4 small attachment points.
            ..not entirely true. My '84:

Kinda frustrating when I went to install Lukebox.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I wonder if there's any reason as to the patterns they make in the sheet metal when they make those designs...
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Hah. I stand corrected! Those early years, lol.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Is that euro spec?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                    I wonder if there's any reason as to the patterns they make in the sheet metal when they make those designs...
                    The idea is for the 27th owner to cut them out and make a DIY semaphore kit, or to eliminate vibrations/improve strength, whichever makes more sense.

Comment

Na spec early 318's have that no ski-pass bulkhead. Not sure if early 325s are the same or not.

Comment

Na spec early 318's have that no ski-pass bulkhead. Not sure if early 325s are the same or not.

I know but the missing third brake light and c pillar mounted rear seat belts make me think its a euro spec cause my euro spec is exactly like that too. Same round rear speakers too

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Yep, this was an original M20 car, vin on the cowl verifies it. I've seen it on both 4 and 6 early chassis, euro and domestic.
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I've got a couple of 323i at home. Will investigate after work.

The 323i definitely have no third brake light though.

Comment

What I really can't stand about early models is they punch 2 holes in the dash to mount that stupid seatbelt light.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

What I really can't stand about early models is they punch 2 holes in the dash to mount that stupid seatbelt light.
                                I hear that. It looks terrible.

Biggest piss-off of the day/week/past month:
                                AHP Alphatig 200x "Back in stock Dec 16." Nearly a month later, nothing on amazon.ca or their website.

Now I'm contemplating on spending a bunch extra on an Everlast Powertig 200DV for very little extra function, but to my door the price comparison is like $1300 to $1700...

Now a used Eastwood 200 pops up for $700 and I don't know whether or not I should take the chance/suffer the lack of features.

Comment

Working...
                                X