Fixing this (pics inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing this (pics inside)

It was given to me and I would like to go about putting it back together I have the rebar and brackets.

I wanna do this myself because I want to learn how to glass and resin and so forth so if anyone can list what I need and any tips it would be appreciated.

Sold it.

Tip#1

Lose the webcam, get some higher res, visable pics.

Tip#2

What is that a eS/iS airdamn? Those are fairly complex shape wise, and are rather heavy. Its going to cost $40-80 worth of materials to fix it. You might consider buying one in good shape a better use of your money.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Ya its an ES air dam.

Sure I could buy a new one and may infact end up doing so but I would at least like to try and fix this one. Like I said I would like to learn how to work with fiberglass.

Its really complete except for whats missing on the right side. The two pieces fit together fine and theres no big chunks missing from it. I was thinking of getting it back into one piece and then giving it to Eurostyle to fix the left side.

Yes I know the webcam sucks. Its all I have right now.

Sold it.

Comment

If you decide to trash that one... I want the section that would be on the outside of the car under the bumper on the drivers side. :!: :!: :!:
        Below the radar...

Comment

I would start by getting some support where the parts are broken. Maybe get some aluminum strips from Home depot, and fiberglas or epoxy them into place to hold the parts together strongly, then, get a fiberglass kit, layer your fiber, and then put the epoxy on, let it dry thoroughly, and sand away.
          Nick

87 325 5MT
          02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Thats the kind of info I like.

Sold it.

Comment

Working...
            X