No announcement yet.

325e Problem - Running STUPID rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you who are interested, I have recently had the EXACT same issue and was on the brink of selling the damn car because I couldn't get to the bottom of it. Finally solved it. For me, it was a combination of a bad Idle Control Module (in the glove box, next to the DME. It's a green box with a red face as stated above) and a bad AFM meter. Although both were partially working, they were failing enough to cause these issues. I've replaced them both, and the car runs like a champ now. There are a few rebuilding services that offer remanufactured AFM's and ICV Modules. Try not and get straight-up used ones.

Again, that just solved my car's issue. Everyone could be different. Mine is a 1986 325e 5spd with 99k miles.
    1985 325e Sedan, 1986 325e Sedan, 2006 BMW X5, 2012 M3 Sedan, 2013 135is, 2017 M3 Sedan ZCP Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Downeaster1 View Post
      For those of you who are interested, I have recently had the EXACT same issue and was on the brink of selling the damn car because I couldn't get to the bottom of it. Finally solved it. For me, it was a combination of a bad Idle Control Module (in the glove box, next to the DME. It's a green box with a red face as stated above) and a bad AFM meter. Although both were partially working, they were failing enough to cause these issues. I've replaced them both, and the car runs like a champ now. There are a few rebuilding services that offer remanufactured AFM's and ICV Modules. Try not and get straight-up used ones.

Again, that just solved my car's issue. Everyone could be different. Mine is a 1986 325e 5spd with 99k miles.
      Any Suggestion on where to get it rebuilt. I'm having the same problem with mines. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X