If you scrape what scrapes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you scrape what scrapes?

I didn't know were to post this because its not really technical.

For you lowered guys what scrapes? I am not even all that low and my exhaust scrapes every speed bump at my college no matter how much of an angle I go on.

I have hit my frame once but that was a one time occurance with an unfinished driveway, half finished road, and a bigass curb in my driveway and being forced to move my car.

I also scrape going into my garage since I have a gravel driveway right now. :roll:

Anyway what do you guys hit?

Sold it.

The front lip, oil pan, cat, and exhuast can are the most likely to get scraped.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

my iS lip has been scraping a whole lot and is cracked at the very corner because my driveway and the drop don't get along..I have to go up it at an angle. I have raised up the front a little bit now :D

I had a little excursion at an auto-x and scratched the oil pan. very lightly..I was VERY LUCKY :shock:

I am looking into the facotry skid plate or a fabbed one in the very near future..NJ roads are really terrible!

Comment

My exhuast scrapes on some speed bumps but not all, and there are a hole bunch of little scraches and dings in the bottom of my oil pan(no holes yet, KNOCK ON WOOD) I've just got an I lip so no scraping there.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

I think my oil pans safe at my height. Thank god.

Sold it.

Comment

My exhaust mount "tranny to exhaust".
            Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

I scrape my 'is' lip and cat alot. No oil pan yet.

Nick

Comment

NEVER got my tips yet but my cat and my lip take a beating sometimes. Ive thumped the frame a couple of times on some speed bumps but thats it SO FAR :?

Brian

Comment

just the lip thus far

Comment

Wow. I'm pretty low relative to you guys and I hardly ever scrape underneath the car. There are lots of fucked up parking lot entrances around here too.

When I do, it's always the exhaust. Depending on their condition, your heat shields will start to rattle soon.

Comment

They build speed bumps like mountains in Orange County. I am forever scraping the cat and frame on the things. My IS lip is constantly taking a beating on the old driveways here. The newer one have a much gentler slope to them.
                      Just livin in the OC minus my E30

Comment

Seems to be the general consensus that it's the front lip and exhaust scraping most often. This is my case. I have hit the frame once, worst feeling ever.

Comment

Originally posted by boom-monkey
                          exhaust scraping most often. This is my case. I have hit the frame once, worst feeling ever.
                          BANG.. man was I mad a the construction guy who asked me to move my car into the driveway.

Sold it.

Comment

I always hit my oil pan on speed bumps, when I had spax kit 2.5/1.5 with bottle caps, and muffler usually from coming down from driveway.

:)
                            95' M3.
                            90' 325i Turboed.
                            87' 325eS Fixed.

Comment

the only time i scrape is coming over a normal looking speed bump leaving my work, and i scrape my cat ever time.
                              98 M3/4/5

Comment

Working...
                              X