No announcement yet.

Reiger lip replica = garbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly when i first attached it i was VERY happy with it, then i had to bo knock it out of place.... :roll: its very low on my car so i have a feeling that will be happening a lot. judging by the first line up i did, i would say body color would look good, right now, i would say it wouldnt on my car. you can make this thing work, just take your time and do what it lets you good luck and post pics.
    Dan

Comment

will do, but I don't think I'll be using zip ties to hold mine in place. seems too easy to move it around... my car isn't slammed though so it might not be an issue.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

so, you didnt test fit the piece before you did work on it, and you're now unhappy, and that warrants an announcement?
        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          so, you didnt test fit the piece before you did work on it, and you're now unhappy, and that warrants an announcement?
          too logical

Comment

I did test fit it, and I have been working on it to make it work.. but it won't.

Only solution I have at this point is to cut it down the center vertically, and add 1/4in or so of width to it.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Sorry to chime in so late, computer went down. I have not received the lip or anything from FedEx. Like before, I said I would be patient, but you need to draw the line somewhere. I'd like to at least know where it is

Comment

So that is 3 people now that have not recieved their lip?

Comment

I bet that if jordan would have said the product was good, everybody else would have liked it as well.

Comment

Other people had theres before me.

Other people (before me) also thought it was crappy.

Comment

Today I cut the lip in half.

I clamped down both halfs in thier proper places. They fit ok for the most part.

When both halfs are in their proper place this much space (1/2in) is left in the middle.

Thats alot of shrinkage.

I used some nice plastic chemical bonding shit to build and fill. Fiberglass cloth impregnated in the bond to promote strength. Should hold.

Comment

Its nothing personal, i just think that people kinda go with what u say. I noticed that when u made the comment abotu dan, everybody starting saying something. Its like people cant make their own opinions. Thats just my take on things.

Comment

some people like attention :)

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes
                            I bet that if jordan would have said the product was good, everybody else would have liked it as well.
                            actually, I knew as soon as I got mine that Jordan wouldn't be happy with it. I don't think mine is as bad as his though, the sides are actually a bit wider than the valance but it looks like they ground off too much on the left end. :(
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well, it doesn't take an expert eye to see that Dan's is misfit, or that the product is not exacltly what was advertised.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                              X