Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveUlysses
    I'm interested in a set of 15x8 :devil:
    I'm a 15" wheel NERD! That being said, why are you guys looking for 15" APEX wheels? Is it the mesh style, or something else? It seems like there are many 15x(something) wheels one could put on an E30, so more clarification is what we seek.

Last year we thought about some 15" wheels, as there are many cars that still use them and dealers ask for them from time to time... but with Advanti, 949 and others in the market- does there need to be an APEX wheel? what problem would we solve? Feedback super welcome. :D

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

In the terms of 15" race/autocross wheels in e30 fitment the main two that come to mind are the Kosei K1 and TRM C1. IIRC the k1 are only sold new 15x7 and the c1 can be 15x8. Arc8's (or a new design all together) as 15x8 could control this market if the price and weight are manageable but that's just my opinion.

Someone else can probably chime in better.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I really feel like 16" x 8 (4x100) would be a good seller here. I would buy

Comment

Originally posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
          I'm a 15" wheel NERD! That being said, why are you guys looking for 15" APEX wheels? Is it the mesh style, or something else? It seems like there are many 15x(something) wheels one could put on an E30, so more clarification is what we seek.

Last year we thought about some 15" wheels, as there are many cars that still use them and dealers ask for them from time to time... but with Advanti, 949 and others in the market- does there need to be an APEX wheel? what problem would we solve? Feedback super welcome. :D
          Personally, I really like the look of all 3 wheels you make. I don't really like the look of the 6UL wheels, they look like knock off wheels. Haven't heard of advanti but the S1 looks neat.

I have a set of k1's in 15x7.5 but I have been wanting a set of something in 15x8 for a while now. 8" wide would be perfect for my non-rain track tires and then my k1's could be demoted to wet track day duty.

Comment

Agreed with the above post, I love the look of the ARC-8. The only decent lightweight 15" mesh wheel I've seen is the Kosei K8R - $140/wheel, 13 lbs, ET20.

Personally, I would prefer an ARC-8 in 16" before 15" or 17" versions, but I'll take what I can get!
            Zelig the Zinno • 300k and counting
            http://instagram.com/zelig.the.zinno

Comment

I think 16" wheels look the best on an E30. There aren't many good tires in 225/45R16 except for the ZII Star Specs.

I think the Jongbloed Aero 500 is a solid wheel to have in 15x8, 15x9 sizes, though I don't know if they're still in production. It seems the 15x8 is out of stock at Phil's Tire Service.

With a 15" wheel, you have a lot of decent Miata sized tires, such as 205 RE-71Rs, and 225/45R15 V720, R-S3, and Rival S, as well as way cheaper, less sticky rubber.

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Also would be interested in a concave 17x9 or 9.5. I think I emailed you guys a week or two ago about this size. I'd love to run flares with these!! Anthracite or black would be my choice..

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                Instagram:
                https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                LS Build Thread:
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

I’m on the 16” wheel bandwagon; I think that’s the perfect size for the E30. I was actually on your site yesterday hoping you had a 16 inch option that I hadn’t noticed because I’m always shopping for the E46.

In closing, please make a 16” with a bit of concavity.
                  -Thomas
                  08 NHBP Acura TL Type S DD

91 AW 318i new to me as of 1/25/2016
                  Bone Stock

01 LSB M3
                  Engine:BMC Filter, Samco Arm, SP Engineering Air Scoop
                  Suspension: Status Gruppe SRS Coilovers Kit 7kg/8kg, AKG 85A FCAB & 90A RTAB, Rogue Front Strut Tower Reinforcement, Rogue Rear Spring Perch Reinforcement, Turner Rear Shock Tower Reinforcement
                  Brakes:Cool Carbon Pads, StopTech Lines
                  Exterior:Bosch OEM Amber Corners, Depo Smoked Turn Signals, Matte Grills and Kidneys

Comment

APEX 17" 4 Lug ARC-8 Pre Group Buy

I am interested in a set of the 17 x 8, 4 lug, et25 ARC-8's

1) silver
                    2) anthracite

Thanks,
                    Dave

Comment

Would be all over these:

15x8 - anthracite/silver
                      16x8 - anthracite/silver
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        What's the reasoning for the et25? I have always wanted to see a lower offset ARC-8 with a more concave face for 4-lug E30's.
                        Good question: Like many of our APEX wheels, the goal was to allow for meaty tire fitment. 17" wheels open up availability for many modern compounds, on a standard-bodied car (so no fender flairs or pulled fenders).

17x8"in et25 allows 235/40-17 tires (available in a wide variety of popular extreme-summer, and track day compounds) to fit on 4-lug E30s with very little effort. Typically, a light rear fender roll is all thats needed to accomplish no rubbing for most tires, and most suspension setups. For street-only owners, you can run 215/40-17s as a direct fit with no mods at all.

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

Bumping for interest in 15" ARC-8s

Comment

plus 1 for 17x8 or 16x8
                            Anthracite
                            Satin Black
                            Hyper Black

Arn't the 4x100 17x8 wheels already available on your website?
                            F80 M3 Alpine
                            E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                            E28 Blackish 535i
                            E21 Silver 320i
                            Disco1 98 4.6
                            ~~~~~~
                            E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                            E30 325i SOLD
                            E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                            E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
                              17x8"in et25 allows 235/40-17 tires (available in a wide variety of popular extreme-summer, and track day compounds) to fit on 4-lug E30s with very little effort. Typically, a light rear fender roll is all thats needed to accomplish no rubbing for most tires, and most suspension setups. For street-only owners, you can run 215/40-17s as a direct fit with no mods at all.
                              Really? I'm running a GC coil conversion and 15x8 et20 TRM C1Ms with a 225/45/15 and I need more offset. During autox the inside of my front tire rubs against the strut housing and in general I would love an et10 since my current setup is rubbing on the wheel well/sway bar on full lock turns.
                              2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by cleanasse30 View Post
                                Really? I'm running a GC coil conversion and 15x8 et20 TRM C1Ms with a 225/45/15 and I need more offset. During autox the inside of my front tire rubs against the strut housing and in general I would love an et10 since my current setup is rubbing on the wheel well/sway bar on full lock turns.
                                Yeah, glad you brought this up CAE30. This offset works well... for 17" wheels and tires...

Whats important to remember is that tire size is really better called tire "class" or family...
                                A "225" tire should measure 225mm across, a "235" 235mm and so on. However this is almost never the case, especially with performance focused tires.
                                Then, what about the sidewall? is it really square, does it bulge? does it tuck in and then widen by the wheel with a lip protector?

15" tires, especially when they go from 205s and up, run wide. The 225/45-15 size is specifically targeted at Autocross and track cars, coming in summer and track compounds. I could easily see this causing a problem at that offset, yet when you go to a 225 class 17 inch wheel, now were talking production car sizes on a Subaru for example. In 17" diameter there is a much different shape sidewall and overall outer tire profile.
                                Last edited by APEX Race Parts; 02-02-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X