E34 530i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 530i?

How bad are the engines, the little 3l V8s, looking at a wagon and there are a ton of 530i wagons.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    How bad are the engines, the little 3l V8s, looking at a wagon and there are a ton of 530i wagons.
    my family just picked up a 530it and it's pretty solid so far. Mind you we've only had it for a couple weeks, it's been running very strong.

We are going to be going over the cooling system, general gaskets, and basic mechanical maintenance. Biggest complaint so far is they are an absolute pig on gas, huge tank with a huge range, but it eats up quite a bit.
    320I - under construction

Comment

M50 power with V8 fuel economy.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Easy to slam a real M60 into. If it's cheap enough, get it and throw a B40 in.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
          M50 power with V8 fuel economy.

Comment

Well I'd do a 4.0/4.4 swap in the long run.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

alot of guys have them on the other forums and i only see normal maintenance with them id say go for it!
              sigpic

Comment

One good thing about the M60B30 cars is some came w/ the ZF 5-speed which is ideal in any V8 swap imo.

Comment

Last month I bought a 95 530i 5 speed, and i love it. I kind of dig the little v8, makes a good sound, super smooth but yeah no power and poor mpg. I didn't buy it to go fast though and compared to the 11mpg my last daily got I am loving getting about 19 average mpg!

Comment

Working...
                  X