got my first e34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got my first e34

How's it going. I picked up my first 90 525i. It was in an OK state when I got it. After doing a major tuneup and cleaning it its come along way. All though I haven't finished going threw the rest of the wiring to look for corrosion.

Does anyone here have or had an issue with the instrument cluster randomly not wanting to work except for the lights? It really bugs me because it mostly happened in the morning before the car is warmed up and being in the military its a no go

Have heard of the problem, forgot what the cause was though. Explain how does this affect you being in the military though?
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Check your connections going to the back of the cluster, adn the solder connections on the board itself.

Bavauto also has a little troubleshooting blog here
      323i s50

Comment

I live on a military post and I'm not wanting to get driving privileges taken from me. I'll check those today thanks.

Comment

I'm military as well, so don't want to go over the speed limit, got it.
          323i s50

Comment

Yea. I found a day changing out capasitors because its only a cold morning issue. But I've been getting pretty good at judging the speed.

Comment

Working...
            X