Good spot for a meet in Western Mass / CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good spot for a meet in Western Mass / CT

Still trying to plan something for out your guys ways, but I've been spinning my wheels without much success, it doesn't help that nobody has been around to actually go and investigate the spot.

Requirements:
    - Parking (this is huge, forest park looked like a great spot, but no community-style parking when I scouted the park)

- Grilling If they don't have grills, ability to cook with our own

- Free Entry I'm finding that a lot of the places that offer the former two options, typically require payment at the entrance. This drops attendance a TON,
    we will gladly contribute a reasonable amount to rentals or "club parking" in advance

And for fuck's sake, if you're going to volunteer to help scout a spot, please don't just ghost after a couple messages

There was a suggestion of Granville area, but nothing that really met the requirements for the swap meets. I'd really like to get something going out that way

91 318i | 87 535iS

I vote for something up in western mass to get some people further north to show up. Someone mentioned a park in/near Agawam in one of the other threads. I missed the one at bavauto so I am def in for the next meet.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

+1 for people up north, I'm up in Vermont and the bavauto event is the closest legit gathering. Ide drive to upper mass or wherever for a solid meet
      CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!
      Instagram: @centerbarmotorsport
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerbarmo...?ref=bookmarks

The Fleet:
      -1984 325ei Lapis
      -1991 325ix Diamond
      - 2005 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire

-1972 2002tii Fjord - SOLD 7/8/17
      -1991 325i S50 ///Sterling Silver/// - SOLD 9/15/17

The Bike:
      -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

what about something at UMass, theres a ton of huge ass parking lots, and a bunch of big parking lots from businesses all up and down rt 9....hadley mall maybe? there's a lot of hiking out there so maybe there are some state parks?
        1991 318is ---230K - DD
        1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
        so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

yeah id say umass might be a good option, you could probably have it in one of the McGuirk stadium parking lots, only problem is it's kind of a pain to drive into the campus and the campus police are pretty strict. That being said, there's a lot of really good roads to drive on around there
          1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
          1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

I'm down that way almost every weekend for a joy ride
            Lots of fun roads and have yet to get harrassed by the police
            There's a time and a place for everything I guess
            Also I'm not sure who we would talk to about using a lot to hang out in and I know one of the state parks around doesn't allow cooking
            IG- nv_e30

Comment

Im going to check this place out on my joy ride this weekend if it looks like a good spot I'll email and see what they have to say about letting us meet there
              The park offers many hiking trails and breathtaking views of the Connecticut River Valley. Reach the summit of Mt. Holyoke by road or hiking trail.
              IG- nv_e30

Comment

Originally posted by gotaloveRWD View Post
                Im going to check this place out on my joy ride this weekend if it looks like a good spot I'll email and see what they have to say about letting us meet there
                http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcr...k-generic.html

skinner was high on my list, but when I called they were largely against any sort of car-meet happening - Mt. Tom was what he suggested, but it'll be two weeks before I can have a weekend set aside to get out there and see what there is for sites/parking - any takers?

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

umass has a car show every year, and tailgates in that parking lot so they are kosher with both. you could try contacting the umass car club or try to find a similar club/ body and go through them? I know they host it once a year in the fall I think.

I'll try to find more info on it
                  1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

Barkhampsted Reservoir? I'd offer my place but I'm on the road again.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
                      skinner was high on my list, but when I called they were largely against any sort of car-meet happening - Mt. Tom was what he suggested, but it'll be two weeks before I can have a weekend set aside to get out there and see what there is for sites/parking - any takers?
                      I went this weekend and they told me the same thing so I'm going to MT Tom next weekend to scope it out
                      Hopefully it's nice AND they are ok with the meet
                      IG- nv_e30

Comment

And if anyone has any ideas within 2 hours of Gardner,ma I'll gladly go scope it out
                        IG- nv_e30

Comment

UMass is a no go I guess unless someone is a student in a registered RSO (club)
                          1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                            Barkhampsted Reservoir? I'd offer my place but I'm on the road again.
                            I drive by this place all the time. It has a large parking lot on one end . Scenery is beautiful and the roads to get to it are a blast to drive on. I took my STI out that way last year. Fun tight roads. For the hikers loads of trails in the local area.
                            Side note: I stated I drive by this place a lot and I always see state cops patrolling this area. Iam guessing it is due to the resivior and the need for security. Unless someone is acting like a fool I don't know why they would have a problem with people meeting there.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's a good place but folks also want BBQ pits, there is the Reservoir in Orange Ma that has day camping and swimming and activities, it's quiet too.

Tulley Lake and it's run by Mass DOR/US Army Corp of Engineers.

On the shores of a 200-acre lake, Tully Lake Campground offers a classic tent-only camping retreat with an array of modern conveniences.

Right nearby Hartford/Barkhamsted is http://skisundown.com/ or there is Wachusetts Mt ski area in Central Mass...Coming up is OcktoberFast in VT it's a weekend long event and since there is no BavAuto show this year it might be the fall destination.
                              Last edited by M-technik-3; 08-19-2015, 11:30 PM.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X