Serious issues, don't know what to think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious issues, don't know what to think

Well the other day I started up my car and I hear this redickulas racket, tapping/clicking noise, it would worsen upon acceleration. I ended up putting some more oil in but the noise just got a little fainter. It did NOT go away. Then I wake up this moring and find a MASSIVE PUDDLE of oil under the car :(.

I will climb under there this afternoon to see where it all came from. I know for sure there is a small leak in the top to the pan, but the puddle was huge.

Anyone got some insight

well crawled under it, looks to be comming out of the chian housing. the whole passengers front side of the oil pan is covered too.

prob will tow it to the shop today or tomorrow morning to get a better look.

Comment

Well, what was the verdict?

Comment

the pan above the lowerpan?? was loose and spilling oil out. the 4 screws in the front had come right out. but the problem hence has been fixed and i have moved on to fixing more of the fun e30 issues :)

Comment

m42's are notorious for having bad timing chain tensioners as well.. you may wanna check that out.. If you have a hissing at around 3500rpm, the rails are shot as well.. I just replaced the tensioner and no rails, and I still have a horrible hissing at 3.5k.. BUT the horrible "rapping" sound on the valve cover went away :D
          Project e30 m3 starts now..... :D

Comment

Originally posted by jtuner View Post
            m42's are notorious for having bad timing chain tensioners
            Thats been the only problem with mine. had to replace it.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
            Instagram:
            https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
            LS Build Thread:
            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Working...
            X