Overheating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheating problem

Just bought a 91 318is, 200k mi, new radiator hose, and idle control valve. Also a new coolant hose. car was driven over 140 miles, no problem.

I pick it up, drive it no more than 3 miles, and the engine temp clicks. we pull over, white smoke/steam coming off the engine. We burp the system, and pour more water into the radiator and let it cool.

Temp gets to driving standard, start it up and it clicks again. Odd smell in the cabin (new car, dont know if its the regular smell anyway:eeek:) - was driving fine, didnt sound like it was having any trouble, but then again i wasn't driving it hard.

Thoughts? Inquiries? What you got guys? :(
    Edit:
    I found out that it was cylinders 2 and 3 on the head were cracked, which is a whore, but if any of you have a good cylinder head for sale, send me a message pleaasssssssssse
    Last edited by ABuseO; 04-29-2007, 08:08 PM. Reason: found the problem

Columbia MO, Mizzou? or just live there lol? anyway i have a 318iS, and i was told to check the water pump. makesure it is working fine.

My problem is that i have a Bad Fan Clutch, so when i sit there i over heat.
    Dan Zickel
    1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

Working...
    X