What does this piece do (tool kIt).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this piece do (tool kIt).

I was looking through the junkyard yesterday, and found the piece that fits in the lower left corner of the tool kit of our e30's. I am not sure what it does. I was thinking that you take off the manual window lever, and fit it on and use a wrench to lower or raise the window, in case the handle broke or something. What do you guys think.

And, How rare IS this piece? Anybody ever seen it?

matt

I've never seen that piece before. I have owned two E30s and that item was missing from the toolkit in both cars.

Have you checked the owners manual. It might mention something in there :!:

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Looked in my euro/south african manual.. it has the space where the tool goes, but no tool. Sorry man.

on a side note.. man the manual is funny.. the 10 commandments of BMW? .. lol

Comment

I don't have the tool either but it's a good place to hold the wheel lock :)

From looking at that plastic piece that fits in there....I have no clue what it's for.
        '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Its not for E30s. The 5 and the 7 had a different system for the emergancy power window crank. You took the allen key, inserted it into that plastic peice, and the plastic peice is what cranked the motor gears.

I think it ended with the E30, because mitch has a lot of old 7s and 5s that had that, but no E21s so Im not sure.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X