91 325i, 84,000 miles, should I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 325i, 84,000 miles, should I?

As I slowly transform my 88 325is into a garage queen, I've been looking at the classified for a 2nd car/winter beater. About a month ago I found an 89 735i for $3,500 but just couldn't pull the trigger (too many potential issues). I came across a 1991 325i coupe (auto) last week. It has 84,000 miles and it didn't look too bad in the pictures. According to the owner, the car drives fine, A/C is cold, paint looking nice except a couple of buff scratches and a couple of rust spots on the roof (smaller than a dime). The owner swapped the tan interior to black. Anyone want to chime in on what this car is worth? I don't mind the auto tranny since I already have a 5-speed and I live in the NYC area.

Alternatively, I'm thinking of a mid 90's Maxima. I heard they are very reliable. I just don't know how much more reliable they are compared to e30s. I mean, I know all the issues on e30s but owning a Nissan puts me in a new territory.

Thanks for listening!

Garage Queen... I might have to allow you to do that seen how pristine your car is :shock:

Mike, I dunno if you remember but I brought up my "other" car which is a 1997 Nissan Maxima 5 sp when we were eating. I got it with 54k mi last year for a nice price (back then...depreciation is not too good on them when financing though) and have put about 26k mi to date on it. All I have ever done is buy gas and change oil. It is due for new front tires and susp. overhaul but thats expected for this point in its life. I have no regrets over that car and its a nice comfy car for "other" occasions. It an SE so it has all the amenities and @ 190hp its good on power for my driving habits and gets me 400mi to each full tank (18 gal. or so)

I'd say consider one. As much as I like e30s this car balances it nicely for me :)

HTH

Comment

I owned a mid year maxima was a nice car.....but wasnt that reliable the transmissions on those things go like crazy my friend is putting his 2nd tranny and has had it for like 4 years i dunno the trannys go bad on all maximas especailly the automatics.....but i loved the car the tranny went on me so i rebulit it and sold it for my e30 i like the e30 more but hey u want a nice daily driver go for it! just baby the shit out of the maxima!

Comment

Working...
      X