Harry's Garage E30 M3 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry's Garage E30 M3 Review

Great overview of the history and design of the M3, and of course a test drive

Video Here
    Last edited by rzmoser; 04-22-2017, 12:05 AM.

Harry speaks lot of bullshit. It seems like he does not know much about these cars.
    M3 Sport Evolution 1990
    M3 215hp 1990
    318i 1988

My restoration project: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=399373

Comment

Originally posted by MukeM3 View Post
      Harry speaks lot of bullshit. It seems like he does not know much about these cars.
      He probably knows more than I do. What did he get wrong?

Comment

He made a few mistakes for sure, but a great review anyways
        Originally posted by codyep3
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
        2010 F650gs twin
        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

If you're going to get into that level of detail, you'd best be very comfortable with the material so you don't make many mistakes...

Comment

It's interesting to hear him talk about what it was like to own a M3 when they were brand new. I really like his videos, just a straight forward look at cars without any headache inducing music or editing or hyperbole.
            My Feedback

Comment

Wow...tough crowd.

What exactly did he get so wrong? Sounded about right to me.

sigpic
              1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
              2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

yeah even if there were some slight mistakes (which i didn't pickup, but i'm no M3 nerd) it was quite an enjoyable watch. Nicely put together together video with some nice shots of the car.

Some of his videos can be a bit boring, but most are ok.

Comment

decent video
                  Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

awesome video. Harry talks without stuttering. no "uhhs" or "umms" really makes a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                      Wow...tough crowd.

What exactly did he get so wrong? Sounded about right to me.
                      It was a good review, and I'm always happy to see fresh E30 content on the interwebs. I thought he would have mentioned something about the skyrocketing M3 values, and he didn't know what the power window lock-out button was for on the center console. Not sure if he knew that the 'check' light blinks on all E30's until you step on the brake pedal after starting. He said that a passenger can't fiddle with the OBC buttons due to the arrangement of the controls towards the driver, but they very easily can. Minor stuff.

He does know a lot more about M3's than I do, but then I just ain't that into 'em, so that's not hard to do.
                      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                        It was a good review, and I'm always happy to see fresh E30 content on the interwebs. I thought he would have mentioned something about the skyrocketing M3 values, and he didn't know what the power window lock-out button was for on the center console. Not sure if he knew that the 'check' light blinks on all E30's until you step on the brake pedal after starting. He said that a passenger can't fiddle with the OBC buttons due to the arrangement of the controls towards the driver, but they very easily can. Minor stuff.

He does know a lot more about M3's than I do, but then I just ain't that into 'em, so that's not hard to do.
                        He hasn't owned an E30 in what seems like quite a while, and it sounds like he has only ever owned an M3. The fact that doesn't know and/or remember each and every last detail of every model doesn't make him entirely wrong, or unknowledgeable, and certainly doesn't validate the accusation that he "speaks a lot of bullshit."

As for the OBC comment, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean that literally. Obviously the passenger is physically able to reach the controls, but they're oriented to the driver.

Enjoy the video for what it is and quit nitpicking. This post isn't entirely directed at you, just to be clear.

Comment

Great video. Love hearing about how these cars were when they were new. Those who are nit picking either don't listen close enough or can't figure out that he's an old guy talking about a car he had 30 years ago so of course he's not going to remember what the fucking window circuit breaker button is.

Thanks OP!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
                          X