Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard start questioning

Hey all

I'm new to the E30 world. Had my '90 vert for about three weeks. Fixing issues, one by one but its going very well. Just noticed a new issue. If I let the car sit for three days or more, I have a hard start issue as if the car is flooded. Once it starts, it runs rough for about 5-7 minutes. Heavy gas smell when cranking. Now here is the head scratcher, if I disconnect the battery during a long period of sitting(days) it will fire right up, only an issue when I leave the battery hooked up while sitting. A day or two of sitting, car fires right up. A couple of hours, starts right up.

Did the obligatory searches and it could be a leaking injector but would the absence of 12 volts make the injector not leak?

I'd try to find which electrical circuit is staying open that shouldn't be.
    You can download the electrical trouble shooting manual in the general discussion section.
    I'd suggest pulling the main relay next time you are going to have the car sitting for a couple days to see if that makes a difference. Ignition switch electricals would be a suspect.

Comment

Working...
    X