Grill removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill removal?

Hey all, me pasenger side front grill is broken and i´ve got a replacement on the way, but have no clue as to how to remove it. I´ve taken a brief look but can´t figure it out, but it looks to be not as easy as the e30.
    Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
    http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

theres 3 clips holding the top under the hood. there's two screws from the outside on the bottom. this is like a 30 sec removal

Comment

im not sure about on an e34 but e28 is the same as an e30

Comment

Originally posted by jintermont View Post
        im not sure about on an e34 but e28 is the same as an e30
        E28 is just little expanding screws. No clips on top. IIRC it's 6 screws per side. Two for the kidneys, in the top. They are plastic, so be careful not to tighten them too much as the head will strip.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I'm going to be figuring this out myself when I get home. Seems I removed it with ease so many times on my last E34 but now I just cant figure it out. I'll let you know when I get my off.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

This thread reminds me of one of Danny's first threads. Lol.

Comment

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

I know it's been identified in this case...but please...please post what car you are working with in the 5er forum...we don't all have the same e-code here...

Getting the clips on the outside corners of the nose panel is the hard part. A really long screwdriver and patience are key. After the nose panel is off, it's pretty obvious how the rest comes out.

Comment

Working...
                X