Cold weather package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold weather package

How can I check and see if my car has the cold weather package, or what options were purchased for my car.

Its a 1989 535i/5, did all 535i/5's come with LSD?

Also my car has heated side view mirrors but I'm not sure about the door lock cylinder and I dont have heated seats.

I beleive the cold weather package included:
    LSD
    HEated side mirrors
    Heated door lock cylinder
    heated windsheild washer fluid nozzle thingys (lol)
    and Heated seats

Maybe I just have heated sidemirrors as a fluke? It was a southern california car all its life I dont thiknthe original owners would have needed the cold weather package.
    Last edited by be34st; 10-17-2012, 10:54 AM.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

have you tried bmwvin.com?
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Another good option - http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/

Comment

Originally posted by be34st View Post
        How can I check and see if my car has the cold weather package, or what options were purchased for my car.

Its a 1989 535i/5, did all 535i/5's come with LSD?

Also my car has heated side view mirrors but I'm not sure about the door lock cylinder and I dont have heated seats.

I beleive the cold weather package included:
        LSD
        HEated side mirrors
        Heated door lock cylinder
        heated windsheild washer fluid nozzle thingys (lol)
        and Heated seats

Maybe I just have heated sidemirrors as a fluke? It was a southern california car all its life I dont thiknthe original owners would have needed the cold weather package.
        You'd be surprised, my e34 came out of Anaheim, spent it's whole life there, and it had the cold weather package.

I've rarely seen an e34 that did NOT have heated leather seats unless it was a value edition 95 or grey market.
        A more likely scenario is someone swapped seats when the originals split/wore out/ looked tattered.
        Easy way to check for LSD? jack it up by the pumpkin and spin one wheel, see which way the other turns.
        look for the S stamp on the diff. Look for the S on the gear ratio tag.

At this point (after 24 years), do not trust what the car came with from germany, trust what you see it has NOW, lol.

Comment

They all came with heated mirrors and door locks.
          sigpic

Comment

Previous poster is right, they all came with heated mirrors and door locks as standard.

The "cold weather package" I thought was an e36 option. You could order a car with the ski bag and pass through but that is a separate option. Not all the leather seats cars had heated seats.

I remember reading somewhere that all the 5 speed 3.5L cars had LSDs. Your best bet is to look at the diff tag(bring a scotch brite pad with you) and run your vin on one of the various websites.

There seems to be alot more information out there on the later cars compared to the 89 and 90's.

There used to be a vin decoder out there where it would break down the options, build date etc. The page it was linked on gave you the id and password to use it, but I can't find it now
            Jordan L.

'87 325iC

Comment

I had a 93 535/5 without LSD or heated mirrors/ locks.

---
              I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?urrusf

Comment

Working...
              X