Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supercharged / Intercooled S52 with transmission and all goodies - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharged / Intercooled S52 with transmission and all goodies - No Longer Available

Supercharged / Intercooled S52 with transmission and all goodies

Hello all-

After 3 awesome seasons with my built/supercharged/intercooled S52 I?ve decided to make some changes. There is NOTHING wrong with this engine/setup (other than potentially a small oil drip here or there). As my car has evolved into an all-out race car I?ve started to simplify things, as well as seek weight reductions and power increases. There is simply more power potential and weight savings moving toward an LSx powerplant . . . As such, I?m going naturally aspirated and switching to an LS2.

I understand everyone loves parts, and I have some great ones here, but please respect that I?d like to sell this entire engine, transmission, supercharger, intercooler as a complete setup. I?m not interested in parting out so please, don?t ask.

Big ticket items included in the setup (this is to get your attention): S52 engine with built top end, Supertech Valve springs with titanium retainers, Schrick cam, Big bore throttle body, Vortech T-trim Supercharger, 8 rib pulley conversion, Custom intercooler kit with aluminum piping, TRM tune, ZF transmission with chromoly flywheel and 6 puck stage III clutch, and a TON of other awesome stuff. Keep reading for more information

Take note, I do not have an updated dyno sheet. However, I do have my original dyno sheet (from before the T-trim rebuild and upgrade) and this beast made 381whp on a Dynojet Dyno! 5 events ago I had a complete rebuild by Vortech as well as a T-trim upgrade. This allows for greater airflow and power output all at lower psi. Further, I?ve upgraded the crank and supercharger pulley to an 8 rib setup to ensure there is no belt slippage (in any environment - street or track) and no power loss. I?ve also mated all of this to a completely custom intercooler setup with hard aluminum piping silicone boots that allows for less than a 2psi drop across the range. In the end this setup produces more power, with a lower psi (topping out at 8psi at the gauge) for engine and parts longevity. Why an intercooler? Because they maintain power longer and do not suffer heat loss like air to water systems over longer periods of performance use. Since the T-trim rebuild/upgrade the motor has gone through several tune revisions with TRM and it should making closer to 405whp. It just ran so well, I never took the time to go back to the dyno for an updated sheet.

I did perform a compression test and was very careful to treat each and every cylinder the same. I was also careful to take pictures of the results that showed which cylinder the gauge was plugged into. This motor is FRESH with all readings between 188 and 194psi. The motor was completely cold when tested. The battery was fully charged and charging throughout the whole test. The fuel pump fuse was pulled and the throttle body was all the way open. Each cylinder was measured after 8 ignition cranks.

Please review the pictures for individual results. Summary results are:

Cylinder 1 ? 189psi
    Cylinder 2 ? 191psi
    Cylinder 3 ? 194psi
    Cylinder 4 ? 193psi
    Cylinder 5 ? 190psi
    Cylinder 6 ? 188psi

I?m a BMW CCA/and Porsche PCA instructor and take my reputation and my cars very seriously. This motor has never had any problems and has always been maintained and taken care of. I can provide references regarding how well this car/engine ran at the track and how awesomely fast it was.

Fitment:

This will be a direct plug and play swap for any E36 OBD1 car. Get it installed and running in a weekend.

With minor modification to the engine sensors (Crank, Cam, Knock, Vanos Solenoid) to convert back to OBDII, a new SC tune, this will fit into any E36 OBD2 car.

With potential modification to the wiring harness, intercooler piping (because of potential fitment issues with the E30 engine bay), drive shaft, and cooling system, this will fit into any E30 car

List Date: 4/7/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Supercharged / Intercooled S52 with transmission and all goodies
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------
    Last edited by ryeland; 04-27-2017, 07:31 AM.

Bump to the top

Comment

So this is for an E36?
      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Forgive the late reply. The answer is, yes and no. I did have the motor in an e36 318ti chassis. As many know, the Ti is part e36 and part e30. The motor and tune is setup as OBD1. With some probable modifications to the intercooler tubing, this could be transplanted into an E30 chassis with 0 need for a retune.

Comment

Very Nice set up! Inspiration for my S52. May be a hard sell due to the 8K price tag (which is extremely cheap for what your getting) but none the less not too many folks will just drop 8k in one sitting. I have read lots of members going from super charger to turbo, would you see any need? 405 whp is gobs of power for our go karts.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the comment. Yeah I know the price tag for the entire setup is a big chunk to drop all at once. Who knows, if there is no interest in a few months I'll just have to start parting it out, which would be a shame since it works SO well as is.

Turbos vs Superchargers is a never ending debate. I think it all depends on what you want to do with the car and what driving characteristics you want. I've had cars with both forms of F/I. You'll get more power from Turbos and they are very fun when the power kicks in. However, you'll get more linear power from Superchargers with immediate responsiveness from the throttle. I've personally never liked how hot turbos get everything in the engine bay. Surrounding parts can only tolerate that for so long.

In the end, I loved this setup and you're right, the HP was awesome for a Ti.

Comment

If time comes to part it out depending on where I am at with my projects I may just be the buyer for supercharger kit. I keep going back and forth from turbo to supercharger. I like the idea of linear power and lets face it, that whine sounds something magical. Ive had several turbo powered cars, only ridden in a cobra with supercharger. GLWS, keep me in mind if part out comes around.

Comment

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. For now, I still would prefer to sell to someone looking for the whole package.

Comment

I want the riot racing throttle body

Comment

I'm not parting out. Please dont start a list of who wants what.

Comment

Originally posted by ryeland View Post
                      I'm not parting out. Please dont start a list of who wants what.
                      +1

Too cool a setup to part. This would make a rocket of an e30. GLWS

Comment

Now there's a man that gets it. Thanks for the comment

Comment

Was this in an E30??? If so that would be bat shit crazy!

Comment

I'm sorry, I should have specified in the original post. This was installed in my 318ti, which as many already know is 1/2 E36 up front and 1/2 E30 in back. This setup is OBD1 though and should be no harder to swap than any other S50/M50. It utilizes a Red label 413 DME with a socketed TRM chip tune. Sure, you might have to alter the intercooler piping, but you might not. The E30 and E36 engine bay's are pretty darn close in size and people have put supercharged S50's in their E30's before. I would guess the most difficult part would be figuring out the clearance between the crank pulley and the radiator, and deciding where to put the intercooler setup.

I do realize that my asking price is a big chunk of $ to throw down all at once. However, it's just not possible to replicate a setup like this for even close to the same $ or less. Plus, you'll be saving yourself months of time sourcing parts, figuring out what works, and then putting it all together. If you just want to buy an awesome proven setup and get it in the car quick so you can enjoy it, this is the way to go.

Comment

I'll take the throttle body still

Comment

Working...
                              X