Comment

lol.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I need some help, talk me out of buying a Ford Focus ST. It will replace my current '06 Cooper S, which is getting to a point where I am considering replacing pricey chassis parts (and the notorious supercharger oil issue).

My brother has had a Fiesta ST for a few years now and it has held up very well even with tuning and regular thrashings. I wouldn't mind getting the Fiesta due to the ridiculous power-to-weight ratio, but they're basically the same price and I really need a bit more room with a 2nd kid on the way.

I figure with a newer car, lower miles, no need to replace parts for a few years, a few extra mpg over the Cooper, I should be able to get into the Focus ST for roughly the same overall annual cost of ownership.

Thoughts?

Comment

I will most certainly not talk you out of either of the F-ST models.

Do it.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Ford really needs a model that starts with Fa and has an ST suffix. Maybe now is the time to revive the Fairlane!

Comment

They still make the Falcon in Australia...
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                They still make the Falcon in Australia...
                I thought they chopped it? <Austrialia reference>

Comment

Originally posted by exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  i will most certainly not talk you out of either of the f-st models.

Do it.
                  +1
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Well alright, I told my wife I have a direct order from r3v to get an ST.

The one challenge I will have is finding one without the recaro seats. I test drove one yesterday and those things are horribly uncomfortable, way too narrow upper side bolsters.
                    I'm sure they are great for track use but not daily or road trip.

Comment

I don't think there would be anything more satisfying than setting the cruise control of a 1997 Chrysler Sebring convertible, jumping out of it into a soft foam pit, and then watching it fly off a cliff.
                      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                        I don't think there would be anything more satisfying than setting the cruise control of a 1997 Chrysler Sebring convertible, jumping out of it into a soft foam pit, and then watching it fly off a cliff.

First ramming it into an old Chrysler K car, then both off the cliff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mjimport View Post
                            Well alright, I told my wife I have a direct order from r3v to get an ST.

The one challenge I will have is finding one without the recaro seats. I test drove one yesterday and those things are horribly uncomfortable, way too narrow upper side bolsters.
                            I'm sure they are great for track use but not daily or road trip.
                            Kinda a parrallel of the sport seats in an e30. Comforts are better for larger people.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              Kinda a parrallel of the sport seats in an e30. Comforts are better for larger people.
                              E34 seats are the ones you want. Despite being only slightly different they're so much better for most people. Therefore I'd conclude that you want Mustang sport seats of some sort in the ST.

Unless it's a GM product, then you want the cheapie sport seats.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                I thought they chopped it? <Austrialia reference>
                                2016 is last year of the Falcon.
                                2017 will be last year of the Commodore.

Also, we probably wouldn't use "chopped" in that context.
                                Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 03-15-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X