Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple performance increases and engine mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my m10 the way it is. I'd rather have a short shift selector, m3 bushings and rear disks and euro bumpers. If I want to haul ass ill invest in another e30. Maybe an 24v
    The day I bought my e30, was the day I became sophisticated and classy as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockwool2117 View Post
      Not trying to sound like a dick but I am. If you wanted simple mods you chose te wrong car. This car was designed to be economical and to have low rev power.
      You just explained the early ETA's not the M10. My M10 made good power and was fun to drive, definitely a blast above 4.5k. The M10 is capable of around 1k HP if you have the cash, so by no means an engine to diss on. Keep in mind I don't have emissions here, but what I did to mine was: 4-2-1 stainless header(cl finder) bypassed the electronic vacuum advance control module and hooked it straight up to the intake, installed a msd ll blaster coil with Bosch 4 platinum plugs, took out the stock air box and put in 4" cone filter with a 45° elbow, adjusted the afm to run a little richer so I wouldn't have lean issues, valves were 8 on intake side and 6 on exhaust if I remember correctly, and pulled the clutch fan for a electric one from a e36 m44 engine. I found the header for $200, but for the rest of it including gaskets it was around the $200-300 range.
      sigpic
      85 swartz/metallic 325E
      84 alpine 325E
      85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
      84 Bronzit 318i/sold
      purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

"Simple performance increases and engine mods?"

If you click the link in my signature, there's a list of stuff I've bought for my "M10B20" engine. Lots of stuff still to buy :roll:

Comment

A turbo.
          The M10 in 2L form is good for maybe 140 hp before you start spending stupid money
          on it, burning race fuel, etc...

In 1.8l form, the pistons are so topheavy that you probably won't make it that far.

Tune it up, drive it, see how it goes...

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman View Post
            You just explained the early ETA's not the M10. My M10 made good power and was fun to drive, definitely a blast above 4.5k. The M10 is capable of around 1k HP if you have the cash, so by no means an engine to diss on. Keep in mind I don't have emissions here, but what I did to mine was: 4-2-1 stainless header(cl finder) bypassed the electronic vacuum advance control module and hooked it straight up to the intake, installed a msd ll blaster coil with Bosch 4 platinum plugs, took out the stock air box and put in 4" cone filter with a 45° elbow, adjusted the afm to run a little richer so I wouldn't have lean issues, valves were 8 on intake side and 6 on exhaust if I remember correctly, and pulled the clutch fan for a electric one from a e36 m44 engine. I found the header for $200, but for the rest of it including gaskets it was around the $200-300 range.
            wow its sounds like you like to r3v the piss out of her :p, some countries seem really free compared to here. i bet its sounds ballsy. ive been advised to use true duals with and x, for best performence. how much more power does you appear to have how does it compare to the factory tune.
            thanks for your input

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
              The M10 in 2L form is good for maybe 140 hp before you start spending stupid money
              on it, burning race fuel, etc...

In 1.8l form, the pistons are so topheavy that you probably won't make it that far.
              02 Tii engine had 130 hp from factory. I don't know what is regarded as stupidly expensive.. That engine with a decent cam, more compression, bit more revs and a modern engine management is pretty much what I'm aiming at.

If I recall correctly BMW 1800TiSA had 150 hp from factory.

Are you referring to piston weight by that "topheavy" remark? OEM pistons all weigh about the same, little over or under 700g.
              Last edited by petrolhead; 06-04-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                02 Tii engine had 130 hp from factory. I don't know what is regarded as stupidly expensive.. That engine with a decent cam, more compression, bit more revs and a modern engine management is pretty much what I'm aiming at.

If I recall correctly BMW 1800TiSA had 150 hp from factory.

Are you referring to piston weight by that "topheavy" remark? OEM pistons all weigh about the same, little over or under 700g.
                or they have some big tits

Comment

Working...
                X