icv delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

icv delete?

Wondering how simple this is and what I exactly need? Sorry for the stupid question?

I used to take a BMW 2002 heater valve and run a cable to the cockpit - that way you can adjust the idle on cold starts and trim it as needed while not having to mess with the throttle plate. Otherwise...

You need a penny or a nickel and a 1/8" drill bit. Its not a true/complete fix, but it always works in a bind. It's much better than having a 1500 RPM idle - LOL. Put it on the vacuum tube in-line with the ICV.

Experiment on the orifice size rather than adjusting the throttle plate if possible - start with a bit smaller than 1/8" if you have one. Moving the throttle plate position will affect the adjustment of the throttle position switch.

Consider a smoke test to eradicate vacuum leaks as L-Jet cars are known to lose drivability due to vacuum leaks. Good luck!

Comment

I cleaned and checked the icv and shook it and it makes that clicking sound so that means its most likely working right?

Comment

1)Take a peice of plate. thin is fin, just not body metal thin. cut and drill to match Where the Icv came off. apply small sealant to the outer area and put that on,
        2) remove the large vacuum line and cap it at the source with suitable availible cap from any "help" section of local parts store
        3) Using a slotted screwdriver adjust the throttle stop screw. *note*- you may wanna remove air tubes ect, to get to the screw, wind it back and forth a few turns first to free it up- then reassemble car and start and then adjust desired idle

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
        Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

I used to take a BMW 2002 heater valve and run a cable to the cockpit
          Have you priced a heater valve recently???

heh

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
            Have you priced a heater valve recently???

heh

t
            thinking about just buying a new icv where is the best
            place to buy

Comment

Originally posted by Smelser View Post
              2) remove the large vacuum line and cap it at the source with suitable availible cap from any "help" section of local parts store
              This will last six months, maybe. I went thru 3 rubber caps before I had enough. I bought a high temp vinyl cap that works way better and has shown no signs of breaking apart.

Comment

It's super simple I litereally plug'd up mine, with a cap off a cologne bottle, purrs like a kitten I'll eventually install breathers and possibly a catch can.

Comment

Working...
                X