No announcement yet.

Delphin Gray Convertible: S52 Summer Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished pulling the front end apart today. If it's gotta get new body panels now is the time for a respray. A little bit more rust was found where the fenders meet the side skirts and that'll need to get looked into as well. I'm also looking into putting a 3.46 to replace the 3.73 that's in it. With the S52, lightweight flywheel, G260 first gear is basically useless and it sits at 3500-4000 at 75 mph on the highway

Comment

Ordered a 3.46 and Koni Yellows today!

Comment

Got some time with car today to start putting it back together. Swapped the control arm so it can roll again. 3.46 was delivered so the 3.73 was dropped out.

On a more exciting note, since I can't find a replacement for the Mille Miglia Spyders that were installed, I picked up a set of these AC Schnitzers...

Shout out to Tommy and Don for making it happen. The community is half the reason I went with an E30 to start with.

Comment

Those wheels are sweet! Great build, I'd love to swap an s52 into my e30. I just need to find one.

Comment

Spent yesterday morning on the car. The accident caused the shifter arm to snap. Not sure how that happened but hopefully it isn't indicative of larger problems.

Turns out the bitch clip is even more of a pain in the ass when the G260 is tilted 10 degrees inward. Took about three hours to finally get it out. Once the linkage was hooked back up, everything felt normal but I'll have to see once the rear end is back in.

Comment

This past week I swapped in the 3.46, sold off the 3.73 and installed the Konis in the rear. Still waiting on springs but I had the time so I figured why not.

The Konis were installed at their full soft setting. Once everything is back together I'll go through the process of dialing them in.

Comment

Big moves made today. Ordered MTech1 skirts and and MTech2 front and rear bumpers from Classic Euro Parts. Expecting delivery in three weeks. Hopefully the quality is good!

Comment

Off to the body shop...

Comment

Glad you made a come back... Your doing it right by upgrading to mtech2 kit. Cant wait to see your car sometime.

Comment

Update from the body shop!

The original plan was to spray the new parts, hood and coupe trunk but because of the other damage to the paint we decided to do a full respray. Not ideal for my bank account but after going this far I might as well go all the way with it.

At some point the rear quarter was repaired. Whether it was accident damage or rust is beyond me but the patch was only spot welded instead of seam welded so moisture was able to get in there:

Getting cleaned up:

The shop is moving pretty quick so hopefully I get it back before we’re in the heat of summer. Once it’s back, it’s back to solving the air conditioning puzzle as well.

Maybe I’ll even make some time to drive the thing…

Comment

Damn sorry to see the damage, looks all too familiar to me... but I'm glad to see you are repairing it!
                        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Paint is done!

Comment

Quick update. Bumpers are starting to go on and the CEP kit is getting sprayed.

Comment

Back from paint!! It's good to have my car back on the road again...

Comment

What sideskirts are those?

Comment

Working...
                                X