APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
    After the several flat face runs I think its time for something new and different to mix it up.
    It's great to see the expanded interested into the wheels, into a possible concave option and the concave desire is understandable.

However, a group buy like this is likely the only near term option we will have to buy the flat face wheel, which is a proven wheel for those who want to avoid the heavier modifications.

Looks like we are at the point of needing two separate group buys or feelers, one for the flat face and one for a potential in-development concave wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by PDWebb View Post
      It's great to see the expanded interested into the wheels, into a possible concave option and the concave desire is understandable.

However, a group buy like this is likely the only near term option we will have to buy the flat face wheel, which is a proven wheel for those who want to avoid the heavier modifications.

Looks like we are at the point of needing two separate group buys or feelers, one for the flat face and one for a potential in-development concave wheel.
      I know I'm late to the party, but approx. how much do these weigh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
      sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

17lbs for the 17x8. Correct me if I'm wrong
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
        Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by PaintPro21 View Post
          Hey guys,

Steve B. was managing and originally started this Group Buy through my user account, but he is no longer with the company. I'm stepping back in to breath new life into this deal and to get this project over the finish line.

We just launched the official E30 M3 deal as we had enough votes to proceed, and we knew what sizes and finishes to offer. This Group Buy on the other hand does not have a clearly defined fitment yet for the concave wheels that have been requested. My objective is to advance this deal to a point where there is consensus on what fitments will be offered. Once we have that we can launch the formal deal on the platform we've been using.

We know one fitment to offer is the 17x8" ET25 wheel, but we've seen interest in both 8.5" and 9" concave wheels.

Could we get consensus on a 17x8.5" ET20 wheel? I don't believe the offset could be much higher without contacting the strut tube.

Regarding brake clearance: The 17x8" wheel has a flat face which does clear BBKs such as Lee's kits. The concave wheels clear stock brakes no problem but will not clear a BBK because of the concave spokes.

Eddy Pintacsi
          CEO
          How would you like to get the consensus for us to move forward? I'd like actual actionable steps to get this moving forward instead of periodical check-ins.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooperS View Post
            How would you like to get the consensus for us to move forward? I'd like actual actionable steps to get this moving forward instead of periodical check-ins.
            This^...It seems there has been plenty of interest in both styles (possibly separate Group Buys as mentioned above), but all of the interest is going to disappear if no action is taken.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
            Instagram:
            https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
            LS Build Thread:
            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Would also be interest. could put money down if we get the group buy together.

Comment

Agreed, granted I just found it a bit ago but it's been going for nearly 5 months and with the season starting and my first event in July it's likely I'll have to grab a different set of wheels if this drags out any longer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                  Agreed, granted I just found it a bit ago but it's been going for nearly 5 months and with the season starting and my first event in July it's likely I'll have to grab a different set of wheels if this drags out any longer.

This kind of stuff only succeeds when an invested member takes it up and pushes to make it happen. There's clearly some degree of interest, but unless someone pushes to make it happen (makes a thread and starts collecting deposits), it won't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                  sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

If it's a logistics thing I will gladly help but it seems they have some form of cash collecting page, as seen in their m3 apex gb thread. Let's get the ball moving, we're all waiting for something on their end to happen.

-Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

It doesn't seem that hard to me...Apex already has a 17x8.5 et20 wheel for the e30 m3
                      Link: http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-pr...l#.VzKBH2QrLq0
                      Change the lug pattern and hub bore...sell wheels...profit and call it a day. Maybe I am way off.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                      Instagram:
                      LS Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
                        It doesn't seem that hard to me...Apex already has a 17x8.5 et20 wheel for the e30 m3
                        Link: http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-pr...l#.VzKBH2QrLq0
                        Change the lug pattern and hub bore...sell wheels...profit and call it a day. Maybe I am way off.
                        This might be a dumb question, but are there any apex wheels we can run with adapters and still fit?

But I guess at that point, we can look at other 5 lug wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
                          but all of the interest is going to disappear if no action is taken.
                          My "want factor" has turned into "meh."

Originally posted by PDWebb View Post
                          No concave. No want.

Also, for the guys going to flares, you can fit 17x10s and 275s relatively easily...so if they're going to build a wide wheel, I vote for 10s.
                          '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Originally posted by chondamx View Post
                            My "want factor" has turned into "meh."

No concave. No want.
                            Agree with both of these statements...I'm already looking for different options :(

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                            Instagram:
                            LS Build Thread:

Comment

Really the only reason im interested is that it's an affordable lightweight 17" wheel. But the fact that you can't just buy it when ever you want a kinda out weighs the reason I like them....
                              I'll be the 1 to say. I don't have the money right now since the money I have is going towards a set of Coilovers. So I can wait till about fall
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
                              Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooperS View Post
                                We're setting up a feeler phase group buy to act as a survey for this deal. It will take until early next week to build out as it requires manual developer support from the team at the Group Buy site. Like the E30 m3 deal, members will be able to pick if they want the flat faced 8" and the concave 8.5"/9" fitment, and vote for colors to produce in ranked order.

For now the flat faced wheel will be part of the same group buy as the concave wheels. As people sign-up we'll see what alternative fitments (if any) members are willing to accept. Depending on how people vote, we'll either keep them merged together or we'll separate them. We'll to what's best for the most members here.

There's already agreement on making the 17x8" ET25 wheel we produced in the past. So the flat faced wheel is guaranteed on the table for production.

We're going to have to make an executive decision on offsets for the 8.5" and possibly a 9" version of our wheel. Offsets considered were ET20 for the 8.5" and ET25 for the 9" but I personally have doubts about the ET25 for the 9" wheel. With it being a speciality fitment we'd need feedback posted here with reasons why they want a specific offset.

Once the formal feeler phase is in place then we don't need to check in for progress as much here. Your votes will determine how we proceed.

Really the only reason im interested is that it's an affordable lightweight 17" wheel. But the fact that you can't just buy it when ever you want a kinda out weighs the reason I like them....
                                We will be taking stock in these wheels if they are produced. The only reason they've been out of stock this long was because we've been a Beta customer of the Group Buy platform for over a year now and the features we needed to pursue this specific deal type (deals that require feedback and votes from the community) were just supported until just recently. We don't host Group Buys manually any more as they are too difficult to orchestrate. Everything we host needs to go through the group buy platform. We plan to keep running production runs on these wheels for as long as there is demand. We'll just do batch after batch in a more formal way from here on.

It doesn't seem that hard to me...Apex already has a 17x8.5 et20 wheel for the e30 m3. Change the lug pattern and hub bore... Maybe I am way off.
                                It's not difficult. We've already designed it. The difficult is getting the niche e30 community to rally around a single product to completion. This thread began as only offering 17x8" ET25 wheels and it turned into a request thread for a concave wheel. We're happy to explore all 3 sizes. By having interested members rank their 1st, 2nd, 3rd preferences for size/color on the feeler thread we'll create, we can look at the data and see which size(s) can really be produced.

Here are some renderings.

Computer weight estimates are as follows:

17x8.5" ET20 is 16.4~ lbs.
                                17x9.0" ET25 is 17.3~ lbs.

Final offsets are to be decided.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X