Immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
    So why do people come to the US illegally? I imagine because it's cheaper, they don't pay taxes, they don't pay other benefits that citizens have to pay. Which means more money can be sent home to their families. This forces citizens to carry more of the burden of these entitlements for the society, which I think is where people begin to have an issue with illegal immigration. As a tax-paying American citizen I can sympathize with this point of view as taxes and whatnot are something that citizens only grudgingly pay because they see the necessity in it. Free-riding on that system I think is the central issue here, rather than the idea that these people coming here are in some ways largely criminals in the sense of rape and murder, rather than being criminals for not going through the proper immigration channels.
    Its obvious why many people would leave mexico or central america to come work in the US--escape the drug and gang violence that has crippled many of these countries, better wages, better worker safety (could be debatable depending on industry).

There's only so much taxes you can avoid--even if you're paid in cash, you still pay sales tax on what you buy and property taxes (included in your rent) but many illegals use someone else's social security number so they appear to be legitimate on the payroll of an employer. In those cases they pay state income taxes, federal income, social security, medicare and may not ever collect any of those benefits.

In general illegals cannot get food stamps or welfare because they are illegal but they might collect those benefits on behalf of their children if the child was born in the US and is a citizen.

Comment

:ohsnap:
      Attached Files

Comment

Not quite the same. But have fun with that!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Grand525 View Post
          :ohsnap:
          The first three are funny but the last one requires a lot of context. Like the fact that most natives died due to disease long before they ever saw a European and were themselves violent and genocidaltowards both Europeans and their own people. They were humans after all. And being "built on slavery" is bullshit considering slavery was mostly part of the agrarian south where they picked cotton and tobacco. By the time industrialisation started, slavery became illegal in the North and the nation of factories, road, bridges, dams, etc. That we know today was built exclusively by free men on free soil. Not to mention the fact that the US was one of the first to abolish slavery so why not go to nearly any other country in the world and lecture them on their slavery first.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ummm there must be something wrong in the cosmos today.......

holmes is not only correct from both a historically and contextually correct perspective, but he actually said it nearly verbatim as I would have. The end must be Nigh.

That said they all require a lot of context, and are funny because they are based on not knowing that context and only going on 3rd grade level historical generalizations
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-02-2017, 09:23 AM.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
              X