No announcement yet.

P0101 Trouble code check engine light M52 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news. Turns out there was a glitch in my ECU Flash. Markert got me all fixed up on the weird throttle issue. It's been running great the last couple days, but I am getting another CEL. The two codes are p1189 and P0173. Do I have an exhaust leak somewhere? Any idea where?

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I think both of those are bank two... Look there. Icv in the manifold all the way?

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

As far as I know ICV is in the M50 manifold all the way. I'll check again and check bank two exhaust to make sure it's bolted down all the way. Thanks!

Comment

Side note: when the code reader says that there are pending codes, what does that mean?

Comment

Need some more direction here:
            I took the car in for a smoke test and too my surprise, the manifold was not leaking. However the valve cover was and it was pouring out smoke from coil six area. The shop told me I had a cracked valve cover. I just replaced the valve cover and gasket and am still getting the same 3 codes: P0170, P0173, and P1189. I also checked the old valve cover for cracks and cannot find even the slightest crack. Is there anything I am missing. I am assing I am still leaking from there with the new valve cover. What would cause the valve cover to leak so bad?

Comment

try smoke-testing it again
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Just heard the results of the smoke test. The valve cover is pretty well sealed. Very light leaks that the mechanics said would likely not cause a problem. So, it looks like its sealed and without vacuum leaks. They said they tested one bank's O2 and it is lean and the other is rich. Said one O2 had the heat shield burnt off, but the 4 wires are all intact (which I had seen earlier), but that it was reading only 4volts. They want to look at it more on Monday, but should I just save the expense and pick up a couple new O2s and see if that fixes it? Almost everything else is new. The O2s were used so I could see if they are a problem.

Comment

What are your actual fuel trim #s?

Check Us out on Facebook
                  Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                  Full Product Line Tuning
                  OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Great news! It was a faulty O2 sensor in bank 2. Now that it is replaced no more codes or CEL. I drove 85 miles yesterday with multiple starts and stops and nothing. Super pumped. Now I have to schedule my bar apt :)

Comment

Thanks for all your help men!

Comment

woot!

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                        X