Clear All

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    I have one for an M52, I assume it's the same
    They are different.
    Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
      They are different.
      That's weird considering that the cores for the heads are identical.
      89 325i (Sold)
      95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
      2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

The gaskets have different part numbers...
        Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Well, the internship at Sierra-Nevada didn't pan out. Apparently applicants must be a Junior or higher, which doesn't surprise me in the least bit considering the majority of other internships have this same requirement...it just would have been nice to have been exposed to this information earlier in the application process versus having an employee have to call and tell me personally.

Retail here I come.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
            That's weird considering that the cores for the heads are identical.
            Head != Valve cover.

OBD1 valve covers are different, and use a different gasket than the OBD2.
            Chris
            97 M3
            01 325
            Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

For Roland... but not his. -Erik

• Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

purty.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by bluefox280 View Post

Those are my old wheels.

Comment

saw this guy at our last colorado springs sonic meet. Nice car!
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

So here, now that I quoted this, a picture of this car is shown 4 times on the same page.

Comment

After putting it off for two years I found my testicles and tore into my jammed sunroof. There was no way to get the sunroof headliner off so I had to sacrifice it and the black headliner the sun visors connect to. Once it was exposed, my sliders were both completely jammed and cracked in multiple places. The gear mechanism was broken too, with multiple teeth missing. I didn't discover that until midnight on Wed night, just as a hail cell was moving into the area. I tarped it up as best I could and moved the M back in the safety of the garage. I morning trip to Blakes got me two new sliders, new headliners, and gear mechanism. That along with brand new cables, sunroof rubber, and a shinny new handle and it works like a charm.

Now that wind noise was tolerable I moved on to the stereo. I had a 13 button OBC to install with this. What a pain in the ass that was. I wrestled my cluster for over an hour to get it out. Tip - rotate the top down and pull it out that way. With the new OBC installed and hooked up I checked my cluster before putting it back in. My brake lining light no longer illuminates on the pre-start check (its not the bulb) and my Inspection light is lit, but I got full green bars. Any clues?

My post from the tech forums:

I just swapped a 13 button OBC into an '89 325i. I got it all hooked up, but don't understand what the coding box is. I have one green female 3 prong connector that is about the same length as the temperature sensor. Does this plug into the coding box? Is the coding box the feature that disables the car unless you enter a code? Where would that be located?

Also after wrestling with my cluster for an hour I have an inspection light that stays on and my brake lining does not light up with when all the other trouble la
                        lamps do with the key to the on position. The bulb is good, I checked it and swapped it with a known good one.

Would the Inspection cycle reset with a new OBC? I was thinking that might be the reason the light is on, but my green bars are full length.

My old Alpine HU sounds great and with just the stock speakers. I'm gonna swap in premium sound ones in the back. Thanks Sam.

Oh, I also swapped out my third Master Cylinder with a brand new one - no change in my soft pedal. I've done new SS lines, master, caliper rebuild, and a 100 blessings pressure and manually and ABS cycles. The only components left are the hard lines and booster. Any clues?
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

regarding soft brakes: old brake lines? sucky pads?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                            regarding soft brakes: old brake lines? sucky pads?
                            Boiled or wet brake fluid most likely.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Its done it since i've had the car. Feels like a leaky master cylinder. In addition to the new MC (#3 - went new just to rule out the used ones) it has all new SS lines, new pagid pads and rotors within the last 18 months, rebuilt calipers (by me), and fresh motul fluid. The old fluid was good too.
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Interesting. I just noticed that HPR has rental helmets that you can reserve on the website. Good to know for anyone that wants to try it out who doesn't have a helmet.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                                X