LED bulb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED bulb question

I have an 88 convertible and would like to change my license plate bulbs and trunk bulbs and interior bulb to led as these bulbs are weak. any suggestions or info to point me in the right direction?

Super Bright LEDs is one of the largest online retailers of LED lighting for commercial and residential uses. Enjoy free/same-day shipping on qualifying orders!

Comment

LED replacement dome, trunk, lic. plate?

Originally posted by jsedita74 View Post
      I have an 88 convertible and would like to change my license plate bulbs and trunk bulbs and interior bulb to led as these bulbs are weak. any suggestions or info to point me in the right direction?
      I just bought half a dozen for an E28, they are 11 x 44 mm. Festoon or torpedo style. Kinda nice, a bit brighter than the 10 Watts in my dome light. They key is length of the lamp overall.

Here is a pic of led and regular old style side by side.
      LED is on the right, regular tungsten filament on the left.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P5191313.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	7176790

Is this what you had in mind?

If you'd like, I'll check with my guy to see if they are available in your size, just need to know the length of your lamps 'point to point'.
      Last edited by Mo Brighta; 05-23-2015, 07:54 AM.
      Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
      Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
      Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
      Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

That is exactly what I'm looking for . I'm not sure of the size as I'm not m chant ally inclined but that's exactly what I'm looking for as the bulbs in this car are horrendous . I have an obc so I would need bulbs that won't trigger my on board computer . Thank you so much sir. It's an 88 convertible 325

Comment

LED vs Check Panel

That is exactly what I'm looking for . I'm not sure of the size as I'm not mechanically inclined but that's exactly what I'm looking for as the bulbs in this car are horrendous. I have an obc so I would need bulbs that won't trigger my on board computer. Thank you so much sir. It's an 88 convertible 325
          Your trunk and dome lights are not tied into the check panel, so no issues there. Your license plate is, I believe you'll have to load the circuit with a resistor that makes up 4.5 watts (these led lamps are around 1/2 Watt).

The resistor value can be calculated from the volts, amps, watts. I will regale you with figures, later. Gotta run to the store...
          Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.

Comment

thanks bud also what kind of bulbs are they?

Comment

This thread lists all the bulb sizes in the car. I used something similar to reference when I was shopping for leds in my E28. I also recommend www.superbrightleds.com

1992 325I Convertible
              sigpic

Comment

Dome Light type

thanks bud also what kind of bulbs are they?
                They are 'Festoon' or torpedo style, pointy contact on each end.
                The stock tungsten version has a long straight filament going end to end.

This LED version has a tiny PC board with six LEDs all facing one direction. It is 44 mm long, fits your Dome light perfectly. Replaces US bulb no. 6411, 0.48W. Eiko brand, retail $9.71, my price $7.50.

The trunk and license plate take a 37 mm long bulb, replaces bulb no. 6418. Still searching for this one, price likely similar.

Both are 12VDC. The stock is non-polarized, + on either end. The LED is + one end, - other end. I mark them with red on the + end after testing, then installing them in the car and evaluating if they are useful.

Name:	P5241318.jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	7176809

Name:	P5241319.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	7176810

Comment

thanks i went to superbright led and ordered them

Comment

superbrite option

thanks i went to superbright led and ordered them
                    OK, so when they get there, post your opinion, take pics comparing them to the stock. It was easy with my five, the dome light holds two end to end.

Comment

Ok I got you . I'm gonna start w these and if I have no problems I'm gonna change the rear bulbs

Comment

Working...
                      X