Here Goes Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here Goes Nothing

well, i bought myself an early '87 325is not too long ago and its time to get everything in order and get this baby running (more like get the interior to work) by early November (i have a wedding to attend and i really want to show up in a BMW)

i have a timing belt, water pump, and bottom end gasket kits on order. according to the odometer it only has 120k but i don't know how much i trust that, the dashboard doesn't work at all.

what i need to do:
    water pump
    timing belt
    gaskets- missing a couple bolts on the oil pan
    shifter bushings are quite worn but all 6 gears are there
    the clutch pedal was rock solid when i got the car- i tried bleeding the system and all of that but no dice, there doesn't seem to be any movement in the bell housing at all (advice before i pull the motor/trans?)

plenty of electrical woes
    2- headlights- blown
    10- dash, gauges, etc- completely missing
    15- manual says not used- blown
    17- sunroof/ windows- blown... just tested it and the drivers side motor works, but the passenger does not and it let off a nice little arc
    19-aux fan/ interior lights- blown
    20-heater/ air con- missing
    28-lighter/ antenna- blown
    29- fog lights- blown

so far thats it lol time for some ugly photos
    one more thing... any and ALL advice is greatly appreciated i cant wait to get elbow deep in this one

Good luck! I have a feeling I will be in a similar situation when I pick up my first e30.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

What kind of advice were you looking for exactly?

By the way, rock-solid but non-functional clutch pedals can be signs of hydraulic failure... you can try replacing the master and slave, but I'd recommend a full clutch job.

Also, I couldn't help but notice what's sitting next to your BMW... convenient swap donor car ;D

Comment

my asking for advice was just me hoping to find the ultimate internet E30 guru who could tell me exactly my car needs without seeing it

i replaced the clutch and master and still nothing... the guy i bought the car from "claimed" the clutch was done... so im not too surprised that he lied. ive been planning on pulling the engine and trans out anyways

I tried to start the car today and it sputtered and tried to run but alas to no avail... definitely gets fuel though

as funny as it would be to steal the motor from the car in the background id feel bad for ripping it apart... believe it or not thats a rare mustang with 4 cylinders and a turbo

Comment

Whats on the kidneys?

Comment

i have no idea, but theyre pretty cool and something a little different

Comment

Working...
            X