That poor cop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robmespeedy View Post
    he's in Canada..... what else would a cop do?
    Drive to a local Tim Hortans to snack on doughnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW View Post
      I would've asked him why he needs my info and if I've committed a moving violation.

Cops can't come and hassle you for no reason, they're not any better then you or me.
      +1
      PNW Crew
      90 m3
      06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Deagle View Post
        I have gotten me and a friend out of trouble for "unofficial street racing" (driving side by side on a two lane road, with zero traffic, in an industrial area) by boring the cop to death explaining why we were there, and finally he said : "i dont really care what you guys are doing, just be safe" and then he left

lol. you daved me a lot of hassle. thanks dude.

Comment

I would've asked him why he needs my info and if I've committed a moving violation.

Cops can't come and hassle you for no reason, they're not any better then you or me.
          Took the words out of my mouth. WHat was his PC?? bullshit. Fucking pigs.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

i got pulled over for pulling out of a neighborhood into the middle lane and not the closest lane. the officer asked me if my parents helped me pay for a lot of stuff, including my car. i just chuckled and told him it was 21 years old. he looked at me like i told him the sky was pink. he then told me to have a good night. lol

Comment

I beg to differ. Maybe he puts his pants on the same way that I do in the morning but when he puts that badge on his jacket, he has the legal right to arrest me without explaining anything. He has the legal right to request my drivers license and registration without explaining why he stopped me. The only thing that he is required to do before I comply is to produce his ID so that I can verify that he is an officer.

Granted I can sue the city for false arrest and harassment if the cop is just abusing his power. And if abuse of power is the issue, I can still be charged for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct if I refuse to comply with the officer's request. Whether the officer is right or wrong, I am probably going to comply with his request to avoid sitting in jail while they figure everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
                i got pulled over for pulling out of a neighborhood into the middle lane and not the closest lane.
                Did you skip the merge area or something? If this was just a standard intersection, the cop must have been pretty ignorant or you just have wierd laws in your area.

Typically the better driving schools teach you that when making a turn at an intersection, you are supposed to turn directly into the lane that you will be driving into. You will see how people who are not aware of this will make the turn and then drive half-way between 2 lanes while they are trying to make up their mind as to which lane to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                  Did you skip the merge area or something? If this was just a standard intersection, the cop must have been pretty ignorant or you just have wierd laws in your area.

Typically the better driving schools teach you that when making a turn at an intersection, you are supposed to turn directly into the lane that you will be driving into. You will see how people who are not aware of this will make the turn and then drive half-way between 2 lanes while they are trying to make up their mind as to which lane to be in.

there wasnt a light and there was three lanes and i went into the middle one, instead of the left one closest to me. he was just a douche.

Comment

My uncle has a 1993 Olds 98. And its like a comedy skit whenever he goes into the parts store because they always ask him if its a 93 or a 98.

Uncle: "I need a set of plugs and a cap"

Clerk: "What kind of car?"

Uncle: "A 1993 Oldsmobile-"

Clerk: "What model?"

Uncle: "98."

Clerk: "Oh, I thought you said it was a 93. I apologize. Let me change that."

Uncle: "Well it is a 1993 98."

Clerk: "Ummmm so which is it? 93 or 98?"

Uncle: "It's an Olds 93 made in 1998.. I mean its a 98 made in 1993."

Clerk: "So let me get this straight- you have a 93 Olds 98 made in 1998?

Uncle: "NO! NO! The model of the car is 98.. Awww.. forget it.."
                    LOL. I like going into part stores and asking for a 1969 Camaro with a 302. They look at me and say, Why do you have a ford in a chevy?

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I beg to differ. Maybe he puts his pants on the same way that I do in the morning but when he puts that badge on his jacket, he has the legal right to arrest me without explaining anything. He has the legal right to request my drivers license and registration without explaining why he stopped me. The only thing that he is required to do before I comply is to produce his ID so that I can verify that he is an officer.

Granted I can sue the city for false arrest and harassment if the cop is just abusing his power. And if abuse of power is the issue, I can still be charged for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct if I refuse to comply with the officer's request. Whether the officer is right or wrong, I am probably going to comply with his request to avoid sitting in jail while they figure everything out.

*shrug*
                      He better bust out some probable cause because dick cops over here DO get busted when their bothersome behinds keep wasting the court's time.

Comment

Originally posted by robmespeedy View Post
                        he's in Canada..... what else would a cop do?
                        Eh?
                        NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

*shrug*
                          He better bust out some probable cause because dick cops over here DO get busted when their bothersome behinds keep wasting the court's time.
                          Yeah.. but if the cop is dead wrong, I dont wanna be grabbing my ankles between now and the court date.

Comment

Working...
                          X