bug bombing a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug bombing a car

When I got my mk3 it was over-run with spiders. I thought I killed them all and vacuumed up their little webs.

BUT THEY ARE BACK

Very annoying, I have killed 6 today. They are jumping ones too, so they really like jumping on the back of my neck while I am driving.... Really annoying.

Anyone think its a good idea to bug bomb these fuckers out?
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Would leaving the car out in a hot summer day kill them? Or in the cold, but I know the cold won't be happening anytime soon. I would think that a bug bomb will be way to big for a car.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

What you need is some Critter Ridders!

Comment

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats creepy :(
        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

What you need is a good pesticide with a long residual effect.

Try this one:

some advice here.

Good luck.

P.S. Ventilate your car well before driving it, you are in for a big headache if you don't. ;)

Comment

Haha, those critter ridders don't look like a bad idea!

I don't think spray one pesticides will help, because the spiders like to hide under my dash where I can't get to them. Thats why I was thinking a smoky bug bomb would get all over and kill em.

Thanks for the help, maybe a small bug bomb might work? I could fill a milk jug or something with the smoke stuff then drop it in my car.

Comment

You could put a bird or a frog or some other insect eating creature in your car.

After all, there was an old lady who swallowed a fly.. I dont know why but I really thought she was gonna die. So she swallowed a spider to catch fly and she swallowed a bird to catch the spider and it jiggled and wriggled inside of her.. or however that stupid song goes.

Comment

thats really scary i would have wrecked..seriously. spiders scare me. a lot.

Comment

Yeah, bomb them. I had a hornet nest inside my old civic beater, I used a fogger/bomb, worked good.

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
                  When I got my mk3 it was over-run with spiders. I thought I killed them all and vacuumed up their little webs.

BUT THEY ARE BACK

Very annoying, I have killed 6 today. They are jumping ones too, so they really like jumping on the back of my neck while I am driving.... Really annoying.

Anyone think its a good idea to bug bomb these fuckers out?

Comment

keep a cat in your car duh, then you'll only have to worry about cat poo.

Comment

Originally posted by egk2 View Post
                      Yeah, bomb them. I had a hornet nest inside my old civic beater, I used a fogger/bomb, worked good.
                      did you let the whole thing go off? did it smell after?

I guess I don't care tooooo much about the interior. PO burnt everything apart with cigarettes and it still smells funky from them, I can't really do anything to make it much worse anyways. My headliner is still sticky from tar ;)

Comment

BUT THEY ARE BACK

I would have fucking driven off the fucking road and fucking died. End of fucking story. I am fucking TERRIFIED of spiders.

Comment

did you let the whole thing go off? did it smell after?

I guess I don't care tooooo much about the interior. PO burnt everything apart with cigarettes and it still smells funky from them, I can't really do anything to make it much worse anyways. My headliner is still sticky from tar ;)

I just let the whole damn thing go, it was a beater so I didn't care what happened, just knew I didn't want to get attacked by hornets while I driving. After I set it off, I just left all the windows open for a few days. I didn't smell any after effects.

Comment

Post a pic of the spiders. I frickin hate them, but I would be interested in seeing what kind they are. I had very small ones all over the outside of my car when I bought it. The all met untimely deaths.
                            '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X