No announcement yet.

I am moving to Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe if we ad the AZ and CO crowd we would have 10 people.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

why thank you. so there does seem to be a few more people than three.

Comment

y are u moving?

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthre...27#post1711327

Comment

y m i moving? b cuz of family needs.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
            well, we will have to get more CO people onto R3V!
            There ya go, these cars are loved everywhere, you just gotta get people involved!

Print some flyers, maybe?

Colorado is beautiful, and high altitudes call for turbocharging!

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              There ya go, these cars are loved everywhere, you just gotta get people involved!

Print some flyers, maybe?

Colorado is beautiful, and high altitudes call for turbocharging!
              flyers, hmmmmm...... i know my parents-in-law's neighbor has a MINT black E30 325i, i should swindle him into joining....

Colorado is beautiful, and i am not sure about the crack-smokers, but all the times i have been out there i have not run into nearly as many as you see walking around here in MD....

and noob question here: why is thinner air good for turbocharging?

Comment

Because NA cars have a harder time breathing so turbocharging will force the air in.
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Turbos automatically compensate for lower oxygen density. That is why most small planes that fly higher altitudes run them.

Same power under boost basically no matter the altitude, but more importantly, quicker on boost due to lower O2 levels.

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

As soon as i land a totally sweet job out there and start raking in the cash i am going to buy an M42, rebuild it, and turbo the living shit out of it. (and put it in my E30 of course)

Comment

Yeah, I don't know of many crack heads around Boulder. It's a really "green" town.... HUGE for weed though... HUGE...

As for the thinner air, were a mile above sea level so it's harder for the N/A cars to make the same power they would on say the west coast... It was already addressed, but forced induction (supercharger or turbo) are the only real options at getting some power back. I will say though, forced induction doesn't fix the problem 100%.... I've owned a WRX, and an STi here, both of which couldn't make full boost in Colorado, but drive to Nebraska or head west, the car would completely change with an added 1 or 2 psi..

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                      Originally posted by DTM190
                      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                        Yeah, I don't know of many crack heads around Boulder. It's a really "green" town.... HUGE for weed though... HUGE...

As for the thinner air, were a mile above sea level so it's harder for the N/A cars to make the same power they would on say the west coast... It was already addressed, but forced induction (supercharger or turbo) are the only real options at getting some power back. I will say though, forced induction doesn't fix the problem 100%.... I've owned a WRX, and an STi here, both of which couldn't make full boost in Colorado, but drive to Nebraska or head west, the car would completely change with an added 1 or 2 psi..
                        hmmm.... that's a bummer!! well i guess it evens the playing field all around, if my M42 is slower, so is everyone else.

Comment

Yeah, it's not like a certain motor or something is susceptible. We all suffer

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                          Originally posted by DTM190
                          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Loveland is quite a bit north, a lot closer to Ft. Collins that Boulder.

Comment

Originally posted by S14pwrdE30 View Post
                              Loveland is quite a bit north, a lot closer to Ft. Collins that Boulder.
                              this i know, i have been to CO many times, but i am moving there for good this thursday!

Comment

Welcome to the rockies bro. I just visited my cousins who live in Colorado Springs. Absolutely gorgeous area! For me Colorado rivals Utah for its great outdoors and scenery.

The drive from Utah to Denver is SO amazing! Climbing up vale pass... breathtaking. Oh yea, and driving up Pikes Peak is sick too!
                                Turbo e30 M52. Built Motor, GT3582r
                                Watch my vids http://www.youtube.com/user/GrudgeRider156?feature=mhum

Comment

Working...
                                X