That poor cop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That poor cop...

So today as soon as I backing into a parking space at my school, I see a police officer following me suspiciously into the lot. He approaches the car right away as expected. Apparently he didn't trust a kid could own a nice old BMW. He walks up to the window and right away asks me if the car is a newer model, when I tell him it's 19 years old he looks slightly embarrassed but keeps a stern face and asks to see my registration and license. I hand it to him as he asks me a couple of questions about the car, such as when I bought it and for how much, etc. He's still curious, so he asks me to tell him a bit about the car. I give him the full blown history lesson, explaining all of the models, years, the differences between the early model E30s and the late models, the E21 and the E36, everything I had done to my car and everything I am doing to my upcoming car. I kept him listening for about 15 minutes until he finally apologized for using my time and found another person to go bother. Needless to say, I don't think that particular officer will be stopping any more E30 drivers in the future. :p

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

brand new model?

BMW Club Singapore

Comment

did you warn him about timing belt failures too??
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

also the difference in diving boards, early / late bumpers

BMW Club Singapore

Comment

I would've asked him why he needs my info and if I've committed a moving violation.

Cops can't come and hassle you for no reason, they're not any better then you or me.

Comment

C'mon guys don't be so touchy, if someone HAD stolen your E30, you would thank the cop for stopping the guy and asking for the registration.

Sometimes we have to put up with a little bothering, that brings some benefits once in a while. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ivo316 View Post
              C'mon guys don't be so touchy, if someone HAD stolen your E30, you would thank the cop for stopping the guy and asking for the registration.

Sometimes we have to put up with a little bothering, that brings some benefits once in a while. ;)
              Painful but true.

Comment

I have gotten me and a friend out of trouble for "unofficial street racing" (driving side by side on a two lane road, with zero traffic, in an industrial area) by boring the cop to death explaining why we were there, and finally he said : "i dont really care what you guys are doing, just be safe" and then he left

Comment

he's in Canada..... what else would a cop do?

Comment

You should be glad it wasnt a 2002. Confuse the hell out of a cop trying to explain that it was not made in 2002....

'90 325i

Comment

Originally posted by apexede30 View Post
                      You should be glad it wasnt a 2002. Confuse the hell out of a cop trying to explain that it was not made in 2002....
                      Haha, you think that's bad, try owning a 1990 Audi 90...no one ever got that right the first time I said it.

Comment

When my car's fuel pump went out while driving long distance to visit my girl friend the police officer that waited around for AAA to come pick me up told my girlfriend, "I guess even these new BMW's aren't all they're cracked up to be." She politely responded that the car was made in 1987. It was great.

Comment

Originally posted by yoda634 View Post
                          Haha, you think that's bad, try owning a 1990 Audi 90...no one ever got that right the first time I said it.
                          My uncle has a 1993 Olds 98. And its like a comedy skit whenever he goes into the parts store because they always ask him if its a 93 or a 98.

Uncle: "I need a set of plugs and a cap"

Clerk: "What kind of car?"

Uncle: "A 1993 Oldsmobile-"

Clerk: "What model?"

Uncle: "98."

Clerk: "Oh, I thought you said it was a 93. I apologize. Let me change that."

Uncle: "Well it is a 1993 98."

Clerk: "Ummmm so which is it? 93 or 98?"

Uncle: "It's an Olds 93 made in 1998.. I mean its a 98 made in 1993."

Clerk: "So let me get this straight- you have a 93 Olds 98 made in 1998?

Uncle: "NO! NO! The model of the car is 98.. Awww.. forget it.."

Comment

People kind of get the same responce when I ramble off tthat my car is a MGB-GT. Not hard to read, but hard to understand talking.

Comment

Sounds like a nice cop.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
                              X