Friggin Smilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friggin Smilies

I bought some euro ellipsoids off of a member here. They arrived the first time in pretty bad shape. So the seller agreed to exchange them with another set. I have no complaints about the seller. Great guy.

Point being, the new set is still kinda beat down with rusted adjusters and pitted lenses.

Is there any way I can rebuild these things? I'm quite tempted just to buy these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-91...spagenameZWDVW
    • Does BMW sell the parts needed to refurbish my hella set?
    • Is the no-name ebay set any good?
    • Are all the hella and bosch sets beat down at this point?
    E30 Wiki: e30dohc.com/wiki

I saw the thread title and thought: :hitler:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bdi_fc View Post
      I'm quite tempted just to buy these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-91...spagenameZWDVW
      • Does BMW sell the parts needed to refurbish my hella set?
      • Is the no-name ebay set any good?
      • Are all the hella and bosch sets beat down at this point?
      If those are Depot or Depo brand, then I wouldn't buy 'em. Friend of a friend has/had these on his car, and they leaked and had condensate in them with in ~6 months, and looked really bad (bubbles in the chrome paint, etc.) another 3-4 months later.

If I was doing smilies on the cheap, I'd wait for Mike E. to have another batch for sale.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

you can order brand new adjustment screws from pelican parts or the dealer but they run about $10 a piece

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty View Post
          you can order brand new adjustment screws from pelican parts or the dealer but they run about $10 a piece
          What about the lenses?
          E30 Wiki: e30dohc.com/wiki

Comment

the only lenses that i know of are the ebay ones.

there is a discussion on here about replacement lenses made by hella, but no one knew where to get them. they are actually on hellas website maybe call hella and ask?

lol i am not sure where else to loo ksome say ebay.de.
            Dan Zickel
            1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

I got a nice set from Karztoyz off this forum earlier this year. They had only minor pitting and all the adjusters were there. You can still find them, but they are a PITA to find in worth buying condition for less than 200 bucks..
              :: PNW Crew ::
              '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Working...
              X