bug bombing a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug bombing a car

When I got my mk3 it was over-run with spiders. I thought I killed them all and vacuumed up their little webs.

BUT THEY ARE BACK

Very annoying, I have killed 6 today. They are jumping ones too, so they really like jumping on the back of my neck while I am driving.... Really annoying.

Anyone think its a good idea to bug bomb these fuckers out?
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Would leaving the car out in a hot summer day kill them? Or in the cold, but I know the cold won't be happening anytime soon. I would think that a bug bomb will be way to big for a car.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

What you need is some Critter Ridders!

Comment

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats creepy :(
        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

What you need is a good pesticide with a long residual effect.

Try this one:

BioAdvanced® lawn and garden products are science-based solutions to help care for and maintain the health and beauty of your lawn and garden. Get more from the Blue Bottle.

some advice here.

BioAdvanced® lawn and garden products are science-based solutions to help care for and maintain the health and beauty of your lawn and garden. Get more from the Blue Bottle.

Good luck.

P.S. Ventilate your car well before driving it, you are in for a big headache if you don't. ;)

Comment

Haha, those critter ridders don't look like a bad idea!

I don't think spray one pesticides will help, because the spiders like to hide under my dash where I can't get to them. Thats why I was thinking a smoky bug bomb would get all over and kill em.

Thanks for the help, maybe a small bug bomb might work? I could fill a milk jug or something with the smoke stuff then drop it in my car.

Comment

You could put a bird or a frog or some other insect eating creature in your car.

After all, there was an old lady who swallowed a fly.. I dont know why but I really thought she was gonna die. So she swallowed a spider to catch fly and she swallowed a bird to catch the spider and it jiggled and wriggled inside of her.. or however that stupid song goes.

Comment

thats really scary i would have wrecked..seriously. spiders scare me. a lot.

Comment

Yeah, bomb them. I had a hornet nest inside my old civic beater, I used a fogger/bomb, worked good.

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
                  When I got my mk3 it was over-run with spiders. I thought I killed them all and vacuumed up their little webs.

BUT THEY ARE BACK

Very annoying, I have killed 6 today. They are jumping ones too, so they really like jumping on the back of my neck while I am driving.... Really annoying.

Anyone think its a good idea to bug bomb these fuckers out?

Comment

keep a cat in your car duh, then you'll only have to worry about cat poo.

Comment

Originally posted by egk2 View Post
                      Yeah, bomb them. I had a hornet nest inside my old civic beater, I used a fogger/bomb, worked good.
                      did you let the whole thing go off? did it smell after?

I guess I don't care tooooo much about the interior. PO burnt everything apart with cigarettes and it still smells funky from them, I can't really do anything to make it much worse anyways. My headliner is still sticky from tar ;)

Comment

BUT THEY ARE BACK

I would have fucking driven off the fucking road and fucking died. End of fucking story. I am fucking TERRIFIED of spiders.

Comment

did you let the whole thing go off? did it smell after?

I guess I don't care tooooo much about the interior. PO burnt everything apart with cigarettes and it still smells funky from them, I can't really do anything to make it much worse anyways. My headliner is still sticky from tar ;)

I just let the whole damn thing go, it was a beater so I didn't care what happened, just knew I didn't want to get attacked by hornets while I driving. After I set it off, I just left all the windows open for a few days. I didn't smell any after effects.

Comment

Post a pic of the spiders. I frickin hate them, but I would be interested in seeing what kind they are. I had very small ones all over the outside of my car when I bought it. The all met untimely deaths.
                            '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X