Iowa R3v'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
    Once I get my swap done I definitely want to make at least one show this summer.

lol hurry up and get it ready for eurowerks at the least haha.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

trying to get mine done for eurowerks!

Comment

I expect you all to be there ha

Flickr

Comment

eurowerks here i come!! Who all else is attending?

Comment

Im 90% sure I can make it, car is almost ready and already registered. I have the time off work too but I may be getting a promotion and dont know if I can still get the whole weekend off... not too happy

Flickr

Comment

wow so this is where the cool people are

Comment

Welcome to the coolest thread on r3v.

Where are you from in Iowa?

Flickr

Comment

Humboldt 20 miles north of Fort Dodge

Comment

I'm from the banks of the Illinois side of the river in the QC, you know, the correct side. LOL I love going over to Iowa for the cheap gas though. I've got 2 e28 535i's , a e30 325ix and a 2002 project. Always up for something to do.

Comment

So things have not quite worked out with the swap and having it done next week chances are low. :( At this point I just hope it's done by august. LOL
                      Also, saw a super clean black e28 in clinton the other day. I was going to work otherwise I would have followed :P
                      If I can't make eurowerkz I still wanna show off the car, so if anything comes up post up in this thread. Even bmwcca events.
                      And another topic, was in Davenport today with my dad at kimberly bmw and we test drove the new f30 335i for the drive for usa event. My dad was shaking when we got back :)

Comment

So things have not quite worked out with the swap and having it done next week chances are low. :( At this point I just hope it's done by august. LOL
                        Also, saw a super clean black e28 in clinton the other day. I was going to work otherwise I would have followed :P
                        If I can't make eurowerkz I still wanna show off the car, so if anything comes up post up in this thread. Even bmwcca events.
                        And another topic, was in Davenport today with my dad at kimberly bmw and we test drove the new f30 335i for the drive for usa event. My dad was shaking when we got back :)
                        Did the black e28 in Clinton have a front bumper? I'm in Clinton quite a bit, since its right across the river from where I live. I see a couple of different e30's there but never another e28. I also have a white 535is I drive around the QC area too. And as of this week my e30 325ix is back to full health and I'll probably start driving that around. The e28's both have mye28.com decals and the e30 is sporting a r3v decal.

Comment

Went to a kart event at 61 Kartway right off 61 today with the BMWCCA members. Never been to a CCA outing but boy was that a blast. Took my dad along too and he loved it. Not sure if any of you are members but some of the stuff and drives they do are pretty neat. Almost everyone else has e46 and e90 M3's or M5's.
                          I was at that event, in my E46 M3 lol.

I live in Cedar Rapids, but travel statewide for BMW CCA events. Hit a few PKG events each year too.
                          I drove an 88 325is for 6 years, but now daily drive a 90 325i with Bilstein/Eibach, Ireland sways, 16s with Star Specs, lightweight flywheel, 3.73 LSD, UUC short shift kit, power leather E36 seats, M-tech 1 wheel and "is" front lip.

Also have a track prepped 94 332i and 03 X5 4.4i

We should all drive out west for the E30 picnic next year

Comment

Im from Keokuk, the buttcrack of Iowa

Comment

Bumping this, I am back with another e30, 1990 325i.
                              1990 325i 5spd
                              09 135i 6spd m-sport package

Comment

Everyone vote for Greenwood.

The $5,000 would fund a race track consultant to conduct a feasibility study of redeveloping the original track alignment with current safety regulations.

Link to voting website:
                                The goal of Greenwood Motorsports is to redevelop the dilapidated Greenwood Roadway and create a motorsports country club for automotive enthusiasts. This motorsports facility would be a local, regional and national level attraction supporting local businesses and promoting Central Iowa. The original Greenwood Roadway race track was a three-mile sports car racing track located on Hwy 65 south of Indianola in Warren County. It was open from 1963 to 1966. Racing greats including Carroll Shelby, Jim Hall, Al and Bobby Unser, and Ed Leslie raced at Greenwood Roadway. www.greenwoodroadway.com 50 years after sports cars first came to Iowa, a small group of automotive enthusiasts and I hosted the Greenwood Revival event. This event included seminars on the track design from people who were involved in the original site selection and design. There were stories from local residents who were corner workers, spectators and even local drivers who raced there back in the 1960’s. There was an opportunity for all attendees to drive the track in its current dilapidated state and preview cars that raced there as well. The event was attended by hundreds of enthusiasts reliving the past and looking forward to the future. www.greenwoodrevival.com The $5,000 would fund a race track consultant to conduct a feasibility study of redeveloping the original track alignment with current safety regulations.

Cliff notes - Vote once a day everyday through the 21st of October for a 3 mile midwest road course named Greenwood. Votes go towards a Grant to fund a race track consultant.

Comment

Working...
                                X