This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
    Just an FYI, BMW increased the price of the USA S54/S62 fuel pump relay to $129.52 (list). Some online stores like autohausaz.com are still listing it at the old price, so act quick if you still need one for your S54 or S62 swap.

What is the part number for the relay?

Comment

Originally posted by shftr8 View Post
      what is the part number for the relay?
      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Andrew, guys get this from autohausaz while you can, I bought mine today for $30 something, all the other popular sites have already put it up over $100!
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

If you find someone with a IMC account they still have them in stock cheap

Comment

I've researched the square/rectangle C101 connectors for the 84 & 85 E30 (and also E23) and the one for the E28 and E24. The square E30/E23 C101 is NLA (part # 12521277533). The E28/E24 C101 is still available (part # 12521273189). However, BMW's parts catalog does not list the corresponding pins for those connectors so I tried to find them. I found the large pins, at least they appear to be the correct ones, and they are still available. They are part # 61131359289. But I have not found the small pins. They could be part # 61131353260, but they are NLA. I ordered 61131368621 and 61131373820, but they are both wrong.

So if you want a wiring adapter for the 85 and older E30s, and the E23, E24, or E28 you will still need to send me your old C101 connector or I can label the individual wires.

Comment

I've researched the square/rectangle C101 connectors for the 84 & 85 E30 (and also E23) and the one for the E28 and E24. The square E30/E23 C101 is NLA (part # 12521277533). The E28/E24 C101 is still available (part # 12521273189). However, BMW's parts catalog does not list the corresponding pins for those connectors so I tried to find them. I found the large pins, at least they appear to be the correct ones, and they are still available. They are part # 61131359289. But I have not found the small pins. They could be part # 61131353260, but they are NLA. I ordered 61131368621 and 61131373820, but they are both wrong.

So if you want a wiring adapter for the 85 and older E30s, and the E23, E24, or E28 you will still need to send me your old C101 connector or I can label the individual wires.
              I can get a spare connector and send it to you for the conversion, will the price still be tha same?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyac28 View Post
                I can get a spare connector and send it to you for the conversion, will the price still be tha same?
                Yes, even though the new connector wouldn't be included in that case, it's more work for me to integrate the old connector, so the price is the same.

Comment

Andrew,
                  Sent you an email yesterday.
                  Looking to get another harness made for an e36 s54 swap this time.
                  Please put me on your list.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, M54, M52TU, & More

Big thanks to Andrew. Got my harness as described plugged it up immediately and works perfectly. Detailed instructions included. Note that these are built to order. Strongly recommend. Very satisfied.

318is S52 OBD1

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

S54 obd2 E36 questions

Hi Andrew, real quick, I see the CAN controller option for S54 E36 (OBD2) BUT, what if I purchased an S54 Z3M cluster for my swap? Being that the CAN aspect is controlled via the cluster, how does that wiring work? Is it as simple as the 4 wires from your harness that go to the CAN controller just get wired to their respective locations on the cluster!? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PITT M3 RR View Post
                        Hi Andrew, real quick, I see the CAN controller option for S54 E36 (OBD2) BUT, what if I purchased an S54 Z3M cluster for my swap? Being that the CAN aspect is controlled via the cluster, how does that wiring work? Is it as simple as the 4 wires from your harness that go to the CAN controller just get wired to their respective locations on the cluster!? Thanks
                        Hey,
                        That's a good question for gpeterson who makes the CAN controller. I'm not sure about how the CAN functions work. You'll need to program the Z3M instrument cluster for your car.

Comment

you can actually just wire the CAN wires to the cluster and DME and it will work - no other modules required. What is not clear to me is if the Z3M uses an LCM like the E46 does - without the LCM (light control module) it might not have backlights. You would have to get a new LCM and change the VIN in the DME to match the cluster, or you will get a mileage tamper dot. The 3 modules will use whatever is the highest mileage value.

If the Z3M doesn't use an LCM you should be able to just connect it to the DME and it will work (with corrected VIN, easy to change on the DME, not so easy on the cluster). Presumably the other wiring & sensors are the same or similar on the Z3M as they are on the E36. It also needs the ABS speed signal for the speedometer.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Hey,
                            That's a good question for gpeterson who makes the CAN controller. I'm not sure about how the CAN functions work. You'll need to program the Z3M instrument cluster for your car.
                            More and more I'm leaning toward selling the cluster and using the can adapter! I'm digging around for the info but it's not readily available at the moment! When you say "code" you simply mean for mileage correct? I have a swap tuned DME (Mss54) no HP with EWS gone, vin corrected and certain emissions deletes. I was originally under the impression the S54 Z3M cluster was plug and play but that's changing. I'd love to get solid info to have for the community.

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            you can actually just wire the CAN wires to the cluster and DME and it will work - no other modules required. What is not clear to me is if the Z3M uses an LCM like the E46 does - without the LCM (light control module) it might not have backlights. You would have to get a new LCM and change the VIN in the DME to match the cluster, or you will get a mileage tamper dot. The 3 modules will use whatever is the highest mileage value.

If the Z3M doesn't use an LCM you should be able to just connect it to the DME and it will work (with corrected VIN, easy to change on the DME, not so easy on the cluster). Presumably the other wiring & sensors are the same or similar on the Z3M as they are on the E36. It also needs the ABS speed signal for the speedometer.
                            Thanks for that info - any further on this? As stated I'd LOVE to get a solid yes or no on what works and doesn't for future swappers. Thanks for your input, when the time comes I will wire CAN from DME to cluster through body harness in engine bay. Is there any info you would need to determine if the Z3M had an LCM?

Lastly the mileage and vin update of cluster. Is there a link or how to? Is this a thing that can be done on a bench with power to certain parts of the unit or is this obd port full vehicle communication stuff? Thanks.

Andrew, if you want this out of the thread for less clutter let me know and I can take it to PM. Thanks guys!

Comment

A shop requested the 20-pin under-hood diagnostic port from me so they could program the Z3M cluster in an E36, but yes it looks like that's probably just for mileage. I haven't tried swapping one myself.

I'm looking at the pinout in the 2001 Z3 ETM and it's very similar to the pinout for the 1999 E36. There is no LCM. Most of the differences are on the X17 connector so you'll just need to modify the pins a bit. It includes connections for CAN on the X16 and connections for A/C on the X271. So yeah it looks pretty simple. If you go that route then you shouldn't need the separate CAN controller.

Comment

A shop requested the 20-pin under-hood diagnostic port from me so they could program the Z3M cluster in an E36, but yes it looks like that's probably just for mileage. I haven't tried swapping one myself.

I'm looking at the pinout in the 2001 Z3 ETM and it's very similar to the pinout for the 1999 E36. There is no LCM. Most of the differences are on the X17 connector so you'll just need to modify the pins a bit. It includes connections for CAN on the X16 and connections for A/C on the X271. So yeah it looks pretty simple. If you go that route then you shouldn't need the separate CAN controller.
                                Your right Andrew - there's a few of us (more them) getting into some details here. http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...5#post29424875

Its looking like the X60004 port has the answers. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X