clutch pedal falls to the floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch pedal falls to the floor

this thing just started. i drove it to work and left it for about 4 hrs. then got in it nad noticed the pedal was on the floor. i pumped it a few times by hand and nothing. no resistance at all. i checked to see if i was loosing fluid, nope res was full. i checked under my car just to be 100% and it was bone dry on the black top. Then all the sudden boom its like it catches again. idk what to think of this, it has a brand new master and slave for the clutch and i have full power im my breaks so its just the clutch. I dont know a whole lot about the trans and clutch stuff but before i go tearing into my bell housing to figure our wtf is going on has this happened to any one else and if so what was the issue? Do i need a new clutch or throw out bearing er something?
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Try bleeding the clutch line from the bottom. I had a clutch that stuck to the floor and followed this diy and it fixed it.
    starts at around 3:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdf--suwqw0
    good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by tytypetersen View Post
      Try bleeding the clutch line from the bottom. I had a clutch that stuck to the floor and followed this diy and it fixed it.
      starts at around 3:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdf--suwqw0
      good luck.
      i was thinking on doing that just wanted other opinions but ill try that lil gives me an exscuse to bleed the whole system and use ATE blue lol.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe the slave isn't seated properly. I would definitely try bleeding before re-seating the slave.

Comment

My money is on a failed master or slave, even if it's brand new.

Comment

I had same problem about 9 months ago. Not losing much fluid and yet I had no pressure. Number 7 on the chart was my problem. It was cracked where it bends. Peel back the carpet to see if there is any fluid seeping on the inside of the firewall.

sigpic
            Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

it was the master cylinder. im getting a replacement one for warranty this time its made in Germany so it shouldn't fail on me like this POS one did.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X